Ballast weight options for CT2025

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #1  

kb27

Tractor
Bobcat CT 2025
I have a ballast box with weight in it for my 2025 right now, but I'm thinking about some liquid ballast as well. I know wheel weights are available for other tractors, but I'm curious if any fit the 2025, and if so, where you can get them?

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #2  
I have a ballast box with weight in it for my 2025 right now, but I'm thinking about some liquid ballast as well. I know wheel weights are available for other tractors, but I'm curious if any fit the 2025, and if so, where you can get them?
I wondered the same thing. Bobcat and Kioti wheels don't have the holes in them to mount wheel weights. Maybe the higher cost for this type of ballast prompted their elimination. According to Good Works Tractors the least costly approach is liquid ballast.

One bit of info. that I just discovered is that using foam ballast in tires voids Bobcat's warranty!

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025
I wondered the same thing. Bobcat and Kioti wheels don't have the holes in them to mount wheel weights. Maybe the higher cost for this type of ballast prompted their elimination. According to Good Works Tractors the least costly approach is liquid ballast.

One bit of info. that I just discovered is that using foam ballast in tires voids Bobcat's warranty!
I got a quote today for Rim Guard and it looks like it's going to be close to $1/lb, and that's after I take the wheels to the tire shop and have them filled. The ballast box was less expensive on a $/lb basis, but I would like more ballast than I currently have.

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #4  
Something doesn't sound right. The Rim Guard website shows a typical retail price for their product at about $0.28 per lb. $1/lb. is way over priced - jeez that's about $11/gallon. How about windshield washer fluid or one of its variants?

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #5  
I made my own wheel holes. 150lb deere weights bolted on. Then 44lb plate bolted to deere weight. Pipe attached to 44lb plate in back allows even more plates.
IMG_0542.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG

Something doesn't sound right. The Rim Guard website shows a typical retail price for their product at about $0.28 per lb. $1/lb. is way over priced - jeez that's about $11/gallon. How about windshield washer fluid or one of its variants?
I got quoted $190 just to put the Rim Guard in the tire, and $2.90/gal for the Rim Guard, which is about $0.27/lb for the product alone. But, if the tire holds about 27.5 gallons, that's about $272+tax gets me really close to $1/lb.

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #7  
What application makes you want to add liquid tire ballast in addition to a ballast box on a 2,650 pound bare weight, 4-WD tractor with <26-horsepower?

An additional 200 pounds in your ballast box will be approximately equivalent to adding liquid to two rear tires due to leverage of rear position.

Best traction is when rear tires just begin to slip.

What tires do you have now?

Last edited:
Loader work. The rear tires stay on the ground, but they don't have much contact with a heavy load on the front.
R4 tires.

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #9  
An additional 200 pounds in your ballast box will be approximately equivalent to adding liquid to two rear tires due to leverage of rear position.

/ Ballast weight options for CT2025 #10  
Loader work. The rear tires stay on the ground, but they don't have much contact with a heavy load on the front.
R4 tires.
Yep, my CT4045 "almost" tipped with 1000lbs in the bucket, 150lbs on each rear wheel and 150lbs on the 3-pt hitch. These tractors are light in the rear end.