Bank Woes

/ Bank Woes #41  
Ive been with Wells Fargo for over 20 years, and have never seen a single bank charge except for safe deposit box. But I have a rather large balance at all times. I have accounts in 2 credit unions, have better rates, but don’t have safe deposit boxes available. I have also never seen a single charge for any of my accounts.

must be your mountain top giving you issues.

now don’t start with BofA... they want to charge me for cash deposits. I dropped them years ago when they placed a 3 day hold on a cash deposit.
DITTO on BofA.
I get irritated just driving by that place!

/ Bank Woes
Just found out I can get free checks from USAA. Never knew that. At least the first order of 80, which could last me years. Problem is, many local merchants will not accept out of town checks and they charge a percent fee for using a CC or DC.

/ Bank Woes #43  
Don't move to Canada it's a lot worse. Banks here are given guaranteed monopolies and customers are treated like dog sh@t stuck to the bottom of your new sneakers. Then like clockwork they raise your bank fees, change bank account plan names to remove free features like statements, pay zero interest, and declare record profits every year.

The latest gimmick is to offer long term savings plans that promise 1.95% interest in a promo period as long as you don't touch your money for 3 months at a time, then they drop the interest to 0.25% even though you locked in at 1.95%, and then you find you can't access your account anymore because they declare your account "inactive" after 3 months.
Yep, they want U to spend, spend or shut U down.
They say 'real easy' use the ATM more often, like I have to withdraw $10.00 and then deposit it back?
OK, I get it? spend more than you earn to get the economy moving.
Face it, banks hate frugal clients, they love folks that always have CC's maxed out as that's where their earnings are.
That .25% interest is simply to entice you to spend so when you have maxed out your credit they then can raise the rates.
Housing prices have gone wild, just watch when mortgage rates climb how many will go broke.

I use CC for most purchases, very little cash, and have set up an automatic payment scheme so that I'm never late. Also 2 CC's, one for daily local use and the other for on line and automatic billing (both automatic).

LOL, and I still prefer using a teller vs ATM, I tell them that I'm preserving their jobs.

Have U noticed? you now have to buy checks? no more free ones.

/ Bank Woes #44  
I want to invest some of my savings account in CDs since the account pays nothing. Checked with the local bank and their CD rate is .01% (<-- not a typo) ridicules! 💰

/ Bank Woes #45  
Things have changed. I have very little money in banks or credit unions. I haven't had a CD in over 15years. None of them offer any interest. My CUs are primarily used for checking with some emergency cash in a savings. Otherwise I keep the money in a low cost investment account. I don't recall paying any fees to either the bank or CUs in over 20 years.

I recall the bank screwing me when I needed foreign cash over 20 years ago. They claimed no fees for the money! Upon returning from the trip I brought back the remaining foreign currency and learned that "no fees" was BS. They just had 2 different exchange rates. They got you both times, but I didn't know that until the end.

/ Bank Woes #46  
I want to invest some of my savings account in CDs since the account pays nothing. Checked with the local bank and their CD rate is .01% (QUOTE]

Yep. Rates are non existent currently. Another impact of the pandemic.

Things are changing. Rates will be back up by summer.

MoKelly

/ Bank Woes #47  
The price of oil is certainly on the rebound. Heating oil was just delivered @ $2.49 per gallon. Gasoline is back up to $3.59 per gallon. Joy.

/ Bank Woes #49  
DITTO on BofA.
I get irritated just driving by that place!

DITTO with 5th-and-3rd. I call them Theft-and-Turd !!! They are all smiles at the counter, but pure evil in their dealings.