Barn find IH 140

/ Barn find IH 140 #1  

Shaneard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 4630, Two IH 140's, John Deere A
Found this 1972 IH 140 in a barn, came with fast hitch, fertilize and full set of cultivators. Runs great! Sheet metal is straight, bumper is straight, pretty sure it has original tires on it.

IMG_5987.jpg
IMG_5985.jpg
IMG_5863.jpg

/ Barn find IH 140 #3  
Lucky you..!! Looks like it been well cared for..!!

/ Barn find IH 140 #4  
Indeed nice find :thumbsup: great for growing and taking care of crops.

/ Barn find IH 140 #5  
Nice one! I've got a '74 key start with FH...I don't think those are the original rear tires///are the rears filled??? If so check the stems for corrosion...I had a bad one on mine...just lucked out that I found an original rim with the square bolt holes (can't get a new one with squares any more ---that I know of anyway..). Is it 12 volt?? BobG in VA

/ Barn find IH 140
Nice one! I've got a '74 key start with FH...I don't think those are the original rear tires///are the rears filled??? If so check the stems for corrosion...I had a bad one on mine...just lucked out that I found an original rim with the square bolt holes (can't get a new one with squares any more ---that I know of anyway..). Is it 12 volt?? BobG in VA

As tight as this tractor is ad as weather cracked as the front and rear tires are I'd say they are original. Pretty sure the rears are filled. I hope to be putting new ones on it soon. It is 12V with generator still on it and charging.