BARN going up

/ BARN going up #1  

dullpain

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kioti CK4010SE HST, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.
Thought I would share with those interested my barn building project. Be patient on answers to any questions as I am very busy these days, but will get around to answering.

Barn is 56’ x 56’, actual barn under roof is 32’ wide x 56’ long, with a 12’ wide drive thru shed roof storage area on each side, for storing trailer, implements, wagons, junk. Barn will have a Gambrel roof w/ loft for more storage. Walls will be 14’ tall , 2 each 12’ x12’ rollup doors centered in each end wall, some windows, and a 3’service door. Will have metal siding & roof. Will post pics as I progress. Attached pic is start of building pad.

Attachments

• 690020-first cut(Small).JPG
    690020-first cut(Small).JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 2,820
   / BARN going up
Pad finished

Attachments

• 690021-pad done(Small).JPG
    690021-pad done(Small).JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,803
   / BARN going up
Barnyard perimeter fence up with 2 gates that line up with rollup doors in barn. Batter boards up, Post holes dug. Now gotta get some of that cheap lumber!

Attachments

• 690022-holes (Medium) (Small).JPG
    690022-holes (Medium) (Small).JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,050
   / BARN going up #4  
Interesting! Keep up the good work and let us know the progress. I HOPE to be doing similar soon.

/ BARN going up #5  
I'll be watching this with great interest, because when we finally get to build it, my barn will be 32' x 48' with a 16' open shed roof on one side, for a total of 48' x 48'. It will also be gambrel roofed, and the walls will be almost 14' high. I'll have a metal roof, but probably not metal sides -- may be HardiePlanks. Not that much different than yours. I think the primary difference will be that since I'm in South Florida, and don't trust wood poles in the ground because they'll rot, mine will be stick-built on a concrete slab.

Be sure to take lots of pictures.

/ BARN going up #6  
Sounds exciting. Was this from a barn manufacturer or are you designing and building it from scratch?

/ BARN going up
OkeeDon wrote - don't trust wood poles in the ground because they'll rot,

Pics coming soon on my solution to pole rot!!!!

Joe1 wrote - Was this from a barn manufacturer or are you designing and building it from scratch?

It’s all in my head, along with all the other voices! - tried to sit down and draw a plan - now I have it half drawn out & half in my noggin!

/ BARN going up #8  
Sounds like an interesting project dullpain. I am currently building a polebarn type storage building. However, it is much smaller than your project, 24X28. Where in Middle TN is your land? I live in Hendersonville, TN and have a farm in Stewart County. Good luck with the project.

/ BARN going up
I'm in Williamson Co. - 40 mi. south of Nashville.

Attached pic is of rebar to go in bottom of holes, concrete cookies then poured in place, after cure , set poles.

More to come.

Attachments

• 698324-rebar cookies.jpg
    698324-rebar cookies.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,779
   / BARN going up #10  
Sounds a lot like the barn on my family's farm, except the main roof covers the wagon shed and is supported by a corn crib beyond the empty space. Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif