Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Grumpycat

Veteran Member
Tractor
<TBD>
but......i thought there must be larger losses in the wires, they are made of steel!
I eat lunch once per week with a senior manager of the local electric utility. He says they use a wire made of a steel core and aluminum outer as the primary conductor. Only the service entrance drop is insulated.

The neighborhood feed is usually 900-1000 volts. I find amazing that 20 or so homes can have 200A service from that one wire.

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
^^^^^^
More likely what will happen is that as we die off, those who follow us will become used to things which we disdain. If you had told me 40 or even 30 years ago that I wouldn’t eat beef on a regular basis I would have looked at you like you had 3 arms. Yet now for health reasons I eat lean pork, chicken, or plant based meals. I do allow myself beef about once a month, because let’s face it; nothing’s quite like a good steak or well prepared hamburger. 😛

Steppenwolfe

Tractor
Kubota MX5400, ZD 331, L3301, 1140 RTV, KX 71
^^^^^^
More likely what will happen is that as we die off, those who follow us will become used to things which we disdain. If you had told me 40 or even 30 years ago that I wouldn’t eat beef on a regular basis I would have looked at you like you had 3 arms. Yet now for health reasons I eat lean pork, chicken, or plant based meals. I do allow myself beef about once a month, because let’s face it; nothing’s quite like a good steak or well prepared hamburger. 😛
If God put it on a hoof, how can it be bad???

goeduck

Tractor
Kubota, Massey, Iseki
I think they should standardize on EV battery packs sort of like they do with traditional battery group sizes and have the batteries insert from below. Instead of all these quick charge stations, pull into a converted oil change type of place or gas station and have them swap battery packs from below for a fee and be off on your way. This would work along the freeway as well. Normal charging would stay the same.

The idea that every car brand and model has their own unique battery packs and technology is going to be a recycling nightmare.

airbiscuit

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland T2310, Kubota L3010 GST, New Holland TC21DA, Farmall H *** Previously - 1941 John Deere B, Shibaura SD1500, John Deere 850, Bobcat 642, New Holland 1925
Why doesn't Sweden export cattle? Because they want tp keep their Stockholm!