Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#1,461  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,462  
In November 2020 the pure EV market share was 61% here in Norway , much lower on vans and trucks.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,463  
But do we count in hybrids with charging we are probably well over 80%.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,465  

looks like Tesla's have a way to go before the fire hazard catches up with gas powered vehicles

from the last part of article:

Tesla has argued its cars are 10 times less likely to catch fire than gasoline vehicles, citing data from the National Fire Protection Association and U.S. Federal Highway Administration on the number of incidents by mileage traveled for its fleet of electric cars vs. other vehicles. Tesla said in 2018 that its vehicles had five fires per billion miles traveled, vs. 55 fires per billion miles traveled in the United States.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,466  
apples and oranges...and "statistics are for losers"

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,467  
"Tesla said in 2018 that its vehicles had five fires per billion miles traveled, vs. 55 fires per billion miles traveled in the United States."

Yeah, nobody thinks twice about a gasoline vehicle burning beside the road.

Or old people dying of the flu. But catch COVID-19 and its Armageddon!

Am far more concerned about Tesla slowing the Supercharge rate for my 2013 Model S. Approximately half the speed it used to Supercharge. Was 90 minutes to charge on a 540 mile trip, now 3 hours. Drove the F-150 last 2 times, 2160 miles that could have gone electric. And free. My Model S gets free unlimited use of Tesla's Superchargers.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,468  
Don't worry, they'll come out with a monthly super duper charger plan where you pay $30 a month to get full speed charging versus low speed charging.

Aaron Z

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,469  
...Or old people dying of the flu. But catch COVID-19 and its Armageddon!...

Well like comparing gas to elec. fires is apples and oranges...so is comparing the flu to COVID...FYI...more people have died from COVID in just the month of December (which still has a few days to go) than normally die in an entire year from the flu...and don't even try to say the death count is convoluted because the numbers for other major causes of deaths are typical with other years...

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,470  
Don't worry, they'll come out with a monthly super duper charger plan where you pay $30 a month to get full speed charging versus low speed charging.

Aaron Z

$30/month would be about $120 for every time I use the Supercharger.

No, I've used Superchargers twice since June 2019. So it would cost much more than $120.

Those who do not drive EVs think they have to have a charging station on every street corner to be viable. My nearest Supercharger is 14 miles. For the first 10 months owning a Tesla the nearest was 579 miles. Then after 10 months one appeared only 125 miles away! It wasn't open more than a few days before I made the trip for no other reason than to use a Supercharger for the first time!

Me and my Tesla have a lifetime subscription for free use of Superchargers. Is too much work to drive 14 miles each way then wait when I can charge at home while I sleep for under $0.10/kWh, or about 3.5¢/mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.