Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,111  

Ford is embracing the Tesla Way!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,112  

Sadly our love affair with our fossil fuel sufficiency sold out the future of our auto manufacturers by enabling China to control world EV battery production by their control of critical EV battery raw materials for years to come.

USA can make great EVs but Batteries Not Included windshield banners will hurt sales.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,113  

Ford is embracing the Tesla Way!
So tell me Gale, what happens when a new owner needs some kind of service? I'm sure auto dealers will be like tractor dealers are. You didn't buy it here so you go to the back of the line...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,114  
So tell me Gale, what happens when a new owner needs some kind of service? I'm sure auto dealers will be like tractor dealers are. You didn't buy it here so you go to the back of the line...
Ask some of the Tesla's users that post regularly what happens when they need service.

My experience with Nissan when I needed a new battery I contacted the Nissan Leaf national representative office and they made sure I got a new battery.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,115  
Not germane to what Ford is doing far as I can see. Maybe you could enlighten me.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,116  
Just watched a YT video concerning Navistar and their newest Class 6 commercial trucks. The Cummins diesel version has a 400 mile range on one fill and base retail is is 80 grand. The all electric version has a 130 mile range, takes 90 minutes to recharge and base retail is 130 grand. I don't think so.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,117  
I agree. Nobody breaks the 2nd law of thermodynamics - you can't get as much out as you put in. The only way hydrogen would be a viable fuel is if we had unlimited cheap energy to put into it. Blowing steam over burning coal won't do it.
But back to thermodynamics: if you had unlimited cheap energy then you would still be putting 3x the heat into the environment by creating H2 vs simple reversible chemical reaction of charging a lithium battery.

H2 only solves the imagined problems of of the ruling class in keeping the ruling class in power.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,118  
Short course on the three laws of thermodynamics:

1. You can't win.
2. You can't break even.
3 You can't get out of the game.

James Clerk Maxwell is not as famous as Einstein, but he gave us thermodynamics, electromagnetic theory, and invented color photography in his spare time. He's right up there with Newton and Einstein in brilliance.
You mean to tell me that Thermodynamics does not respond to Woke feelings, wishful thinking, and personal pronouns?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,119  
Sadly our love affair with our fossil fuel sufficiency sold out the future of our auto manufacturers by enabling China to control world EV battery production by their control of critical EV battery raw materials for years to come.

USA can make great EVs but Batteries Not Included windshield banners will hurt sales.
That is not true. USA has everything in sufficient quantity to supply ourselves with batteries and electric motors. What we have in too much abundance is idiots in government who won’t let us do it.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,120  
Not germane to what Ford is doing far as I can see. Maybe you could enlighten me.
Ford is going the Tesla Way on EV sales to cut out price gouging.