Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,991  
We see lots of Teslas around here, they're all white ones. As I understand there are few if any dealers, you order online. I don't know how service works.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,992  
We see lots of Teslas around here, they're all white ones. As I understand there are few if any dealers, you order online. I don't know how service works.
Non whites carry an upcharge fee. Red was $3K USD. Service is onsite or at a Tesla service center typically.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,994  
Could be a fact but that would make the OEMs nonstarters. What makes you uncomfortable with Tesla's business model?
I don't think they're being transparent in where and how they get the materials to make all of those batteries, the environmental consequences, and the impact to the people that gather those materials, or the countries where they get them from.

I don't like their involvement in selling carbon credits.
I can pollute as much as I want as long as I buy some of Tesla's good reputation?

Then there's this yesterday...

And this a few years ago...

Maybe I just don't like the guy. 😂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,995  
In California, you apparently use propane in the Tesla tires . these idiots were trying to hook a propane hose to fill up a tire.
IMG_6430.JPG

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,996  
First Tesla ever saw on the side of the road was in front of the Fremont factory on the freeway…

Said this doesn’t look good for a photo op but getting closer saw it had a flat tire…

I’m guessing no spare???

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,997  
They were probably waiting for a propane truck.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,998  
They were probably waiting for a propane truck.

No, snapshot taken from a video clip. They were trying to put air in a tire and they were trying to figure out how the propane hose was supposed to connect. The guy shooting the video comes up and asks what they were doing.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,999  
I was responding to Ultrarunner's post (tongue in cheek).

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #3,000  
Some say Tesla can't sustain the long haul. Who knows? I'm still not comfortable with their business model.
I'm with you. While I have no great love for dealerships, I like to be able to check out the merchandise before I buy, "kick the tires" so to speak. The whole order online isn't for me. Yeah, that business model may work for a vehicle that's still pretty much a rich man's toy, but I'm not sure how it transfers to a mass-appeal auto.
So much of Tesla's success so far boils down to them being pretty much the only game in town if you want an EV. As the others introduce EVs that's gonna change. Hopefully, others will make EVs that aren't so tech-y to operate.

I think that business model will need to change if they want to make it long term.