Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,192  
The honest evaluation is new EV vs NEW ICE car of similar cost. That's the choice that every real-world buyer is facing.
No they don’t, at least people who know how to manage money don’t.
You compare size, features and options.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,193  
My wife found a major dent in the passenger front door as in major from a car door. Parking lot dings are a reality but this one was a little more significant but because it dented the side of the car for a length of about an inch or two. I had read at some point in the past Tesla did not come with a memory stick but that might have been when they was in the dash or in front there. But now they're in the glove box secured. My son was going to put in a memory stick but when he looked it already had a rather large one size. So we checked it out and we found the instant recording. When the truck pulled in the guy got out carefully kept the door about 6 in from the car and went in the harbor freight. He came back out and carefully opened the door left about 6 inch gap.

The wind was very strong and when he sat down in the seat the wind caught the door slamming it into the car so we know it's caused and it was an accident due to the high wind which was experiencing.

That sucks no matter what kind of car you drive. Sorry for the ding.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,194  
That sucks no matter what kind of car you drive. Sorry for the ding.
Thanks.

It was a nice F-150. Perhaps 250 from Ohio in town doing construction. I'm sure. It's just good to know it was an accident. The wind was gusting 40 50 mile an hour that day. I just need to rethink my parking strategy. 🙂 Thanks again.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,195  
Thanks.

It was a nice F-150. Perhaps 250 from Ohio in town doing construction. I'm sure. It's just good to know it was an accident. The wind was gusting 40 50 mile an hour that day. I just need to rethink my parking strategy. 🙂 Thanks again.
Really Sorry to hear this happened Gale. At least it was not intentional.
Any chance a skilled Paintless Dent repair Service could fix it?

When my MYLR shows up and we go to the stores and Mall. I may try and park it Out by itself although not sure my wife will go along with that...

ps. no updates on my Y delivery, still showing February 18- March 25 and no VIN assigned yet.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,196  
Thanks. I'm going to check with my body shop and see what ideas they have, but I'm of the nature that most dings are better left alone if the paint is still intact.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,197  
Thanks. I'm going to check with my body shop and see what ideas they have, but I'm of the nature that most dings are better left alone if the paint is still intact.
Yep hear you there , The Last thing a person wants to do is have the fix come out worse than the original damage.
These multi step, multi coat poly/pearl paints take a real pro with good eyes to match well enough to be undetectable as well.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,198  
Really Sorry to hear this happened Gale. At least it was not intentional.
Any chance a skilled Paintless Dent repair Service could fix it?

When my MYLR shows up and we go to the stores and Mall. I may try and park it Out by itself although not sure my wife will go along with that...

ps. no updates on my Y delivery, still showing February 18- March 25 and no VIN assigned yet.
They must have gotten slammed with orders. I ordered mine at 2:00 a.m. on Saturday the 14th my certificate of origin that come from Tesla is dated the 15th and it contains a VIN number and then on the 16th I got a VIN number from Tesla on the their app and then picked up the car on the 20th after it shipped from Austin. Maybe you'll hear something next week or this week now I guess.

I just got home and is a dark rainy night and I really appreciate the auto steer feature. Actually I'm getting where I seldom accidentally disengage it. I'm getting ready to order enhanced auto pilot and try that and maybe on my birthday if I'm doing well with that, I'll get full self-driving subscription. I want to get very comfortable with FSD before I do a cross country trip.

The automatic windshield wipers and headlight dimming work very well for me and that takes a stress off of the driving.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,199  
Look at what has happened while some state EVs and self-driving vehicles will never happen. What mankind can conceive he can bring to reality.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,200  
I've had some success taking small dents out with a heat gun and the compressed air you buy for cleaning your electronics. Heat the dent and the area directly adjacent to it, the hit it with the compressed air to cool it.