Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,881  
Seems Tesla is a better steward than most, one of their largest federal loans paid back what 10yrs early? What many cite as ‘subsidies’ for Elon and his companies often roll in contracts… like NASA contracts for SpaceX and tax credit availabilities for solar installation (Solar City). I admire Musk for making use of the money available, I don’t fault him for it.
What I remember at the time was that I didn’t think Tesla really needed the money but *****’s Energy Department badly needed a success in the shadow of the Solyndra debacle.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,882  
But but but… the claim stated ICE vehicles use no cobalt. This is patently a lie.

Also a lie to infer an EV consumes cobalt or lithium. Musk correctly stated a used EV battery is a richer source of ore than found in any mine.

And other fail to understand that EV batteries rarely fail dead, they simply lose capacity. While Gale’s LEAF battery was no longer acceptable in the LEAF it was still perfectly good for home power backup storage where weight is of small concern.
Man...this arguing back & forth is nuts.
It's crazy nit-picking and dissecting everything someone says to "prove" a point without looking at the big picture.
I could say a horse eats and a fly doesn't, meaning a horse eats 35# a day while a fly is infinitesimal.
So many people need reading comprehension. Why not read what I wrote...EVs & ice...the ratio difference is astounding.
Or better yet, simply ignore what I say and believe what you want.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,883  
And I have to repeat over & over. EVs are great! For some not me. ICE is great, again, not for everyone. And like a broken record, we're led to believe switching to EVs is the cure all for lowering pollution, Earth temperature, saves money...they don't do that. I just now finished a few hours working with a diesel tractor which was fantastic. Then picked up a DeWalt battery pole saw, just tried it. Fantastic! No cord, powerful, light, long reach. It's all good.
Choices!!!!!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,884  
And I have to repeat over & over. EVs are great! For some not me. ICE is great, again, not for everyone. And like a broken record, we're led to believe switching to EVs is the cure all for lowering pollution, Earth temperature, saves money...they don't do that. I just now finished a few hours working with a diesel tractor which was fantastic. Then picked up a DeWalt battery pole saw, just tried it. Fantastic! No cord, powerful, light, long reach. It's all good.
Choices!!!!!
To slightly restate ...
And I have to repeat over & over. EVs are great! For some, just not me today. ICE is great, again, not for everyone. And like a broken record, we're led to believe that EVs are just awful...they'll never work. I just now finished a few hours working with a diesel tractor which was fantastic. Then used my Milwaulkee M-18 cordless tools. Fantastic! No cord, powerful, convenient. It's all good.

I think we might be in violent agreement ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,885  
To slightly restate ...
And I have to repeat over & over. EVs are great! For some, just not me today. ICE is great, again, not for everyone. And like a broken record, we're led to believe that EVs are just awful...they'll never work. I just now finished a few hours working with a diesel tractor which was fantastic. Then used my Milwaulkee M-18 cordless tools. Fantastic! No cord, powerful, convenient. It's all good.

I think we might be in violent agreement ;)
Well...thanks for some relief!
Actually the electric cars over 100 years ago had their place. What's not to like? Quiet, didn't spook horses, no cranking, no fooling with oil or fuel.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,886  
I think most on this thread are for the choice and not some government pushed mandate. I can’t think of one contributor that has agreed with a mandate anywhere in this thread.

Most of the ‘pro EV’ backlash is in regard to those that use derogatory comments about EV owners and their ‘intellect’ or the use of never or impossible or to correct misunderstandings in their operation.

Although it is all pretty entertaining.

Speaking of mandates and bans… I’m also not for the ban of 100LL!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,887  
I know this is blasphemy, but the one EV I would like to own now is a Street Rod on an EV platform. Quiet, reliable, easy cruising (unless I pipe in V8 sounds). No worries about overheating, looking for premium gas, or mechanical miscues. It would have to have a covered engine compartment, because you know, there's no engine. I'm guessing we will see more of these in the future.

1679622220018.png

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,888  
Why did you do that? Dang, just when things were going good.
Has to be V8 with 3 pedals.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,889  
Ya, I know. I'm just thinking back to the hot rodding my friends did in High School. Overheating, wires melting, air shock lines blowing out, mufflers falling off etc.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,890  
Ya, I know. I'm just thinking back to the hot rodding my friends did in High School. Overheating, wires melting, air shock lines blowing out, mufflers falling off etc.
Not us...not our gearhead friends. Never.