Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,891  
I know this is blasphemy, but the one EV I would like to own now is a Street Rod on an EV platform. Quiet, reliable, easy cruising (unless I pipe in V8 sounds). No worries about overheating, looking for premium gas, or mechanical miscues. It would have to have a covered engine compartment, because you know, there's no engine. I'm guessing we will see more of these in the future.

View attachment 790443
Does it require a skirt to drive it?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,892  
Only if I was drag racing.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,893  
And I have to repeat over & over. EVs are great! For some not me. ICE is great, again, not for everyone. And like a broken record, we're led to believe switching to EVs is the cure all for lowering pollution, Earth temperature, ...
No one here is telling you that but yourself.

I say electricity moves my vehicle a mile cheaper than any fuel powering an ICE therefore there is a savings in resource consumption. I say that as a Capitalist. Can not speak as an Environmentalist because I am not.

Never claimed my 2013 Tesla Model S 85 was "saving the planet". Point blank stated it was purchased because there was no Porsche, BMW, Corvette, Lotus Elise, etc, its equal in fun.

I have never stated support of Greenhouse Gas Theory other than something to the effect, "The only effect of 'warming' and CO2 that I see is how the great deserts of the planet are shrinking, green is encroaching. I like it!"

If you don't like the "broken record" then leave the thread. You don't seem to be hearing the same music being played as most everyone else is hearing and singing.

You are complaining about others saying things you don't like. That is fashionable today. You are not usefully contributing with reason or fact.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,894  
Speaking of mandates and bans… I’m also not for the ban of 100LL!
Oh no! Airplanes are going to start falling from the sky!

In the Great Scheme Of Things there is so little avgas being burned for 100LL to have any negative effect. And quite frankly that applies to diesel farm tractors as well. Both emissions are a significant distance from others where nature can dissipate.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,896  
Here is an article that may relieve the stress of some.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,897  
I know this is blasphemy, but the one EV I would like to own now is a Street Rod on an EV platform. Quiet, reliable, easy cruising (unless I pipe in V8 sounds). No worries about overheating, looking for premium gas, or mechanical miscues. It would have to have a covered engine compartment, because you know, there's no engine. I'm guessing we will see more of these in the future.

View attachment 790443
I hope I live long enough to build one, it's on my bucket list.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,898  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,899  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7,900  
It sounds like this EV project is going to survive to make it to production phase

https://www.farmprog Electric tractors set to roll off Ohio plant ress.com/farming-equipment/electric-tractors-set-to-roll-off-ohio-plant
An electric tractor would work for me. I need 40 HP and rarely use the machine more than 6 hours a day. Most times it runs 20-60 minutes to move stuff or clear snow. My machine has 275 hours in 4 years.

The issue would be battery replacement. On one hand, with operating 100 hours a year or less, it may never need replacing so that is good. But if/when it did need to be replaced, what would it cost and will it be available?

A 20 year old diesel tractor it likely worth over 50% of its purchase price and can still be repaired nearly anywhere. Lots of unknowns for a hobby user investing in a new EV tractor.