Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2  
I guess my current concerns are - I WILL NOT be limited in where I travel by where there are available recharge facilities. I can carry a couple Jerry cans with my pickup and go anywhere I would want.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #3  
I wonder why people feel compelled to post why they won't buy something, when it's obvious the thread is about said product. For instance there's a thread about snow blowers, i didn't hop on their thread and post, 'i'd never get one of those' which is probably true, because i don't have anyplace i could use it, nor get enough snow too.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #4  
There was another thread started after the first was closed... titled
“Electric Vehicles 2”, or something like that.
I only mention it because the OP apparently deleted his post, so it looks like I started it. (I didn’t.)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
I wonder why people feel compelled to post why they won't buy something, when it's obvious the thread is about said product. For instance there's a thread about snow blowers, i didn't hop on their thread and post, 'i'd never get one of those' which is probably true, because i don't have anyplace i could use it, nor get enough snow too.
I disagree. It’s about readers getting both sides of something. Always best to be well informed…that means getting opposing facts and opinions. Thats what discussion is all about. I welcome @oosik’s statement because it tells me where some people might be with regards to adoption. Personally I am right with him. I would not even consider an EV unless it’s can at least perform as well as gas/diesel. However…750 mi gets it MUCH closer than 300.

Still lots of hurdles…adequate charging station deployment, electrical grid support (need to grow capacity 2x), etc.

I will say again…this post is really to continue the discussion @Gale Hawkins started. Read the original for a ton of great posts.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #7  
I FIRMLY believe that this EV situation will improve. More choices of vehicle type - longer battery life - nearly unlimited charging facilities.

It's just - RIGHT NOW - this is not the answer for my situation.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8  
Came to add something to the original today and it has been closed. Starting another. @Gale Hawkins

Found this today. Tesla has a prototype battery with 750 mile range. Now we are getting somewhere.
That is a Tesla but is not Tesla. A 3rd party is bucking for investment capital. Am not convinced they have a long life battery. Long range is readily available today if one doesn’t mind routine battery replacement.

Tesla has often been criticized for not obeying Moore’s Law in doubling range every 24 months. Musk is smarter than that. Tesla seems to be concentrating on manufacturing, reduction of dependency on expensive ingredients, and longevity.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #9  
There has been a marked shift of capital out of EV companies now that the BBB is dead. I don't disagree, at some point these EV companies need to survive with out .gov bennies.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #10