Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,261  
Well...here's the answer to your question under comments section of the video.
What a deal! And of course we don't factor THAT into the cost of EV ownership...they still get $0.035 per mile equivalent to an ICE vehicle.
The high gas & diesel price of course is related either to supply & demand, Putins war OR corporate greed.
Any idiot knows THAT!View attachment 750109
Well, that's the cost of replacement. I'm asking what the service Gruber is providing costs.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,262  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,263  
Gruber site gives prices.
2022_06_14_14.49.04.jpg
2022_06_14_14.47.21.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,264  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,265  
Is the Great Reset in fossil fuel usage underway?

I expect fossil fuels to be our primary energy source until civilization collapses. If a major war breaks out that destroys pipelines and sinks tankers, that could happen overnight.

If things keep on like they have been, I wonder if the industrialized standard of living will decline? It is going to be hard for wages to keep up with inflation. Buying a new vehicle is out of the question for most people, though perhaps 20% of the population can afford a new car. On the up side, older vehicles last much longer than they used to, though their price has risen to reflect that.

Certainly I have seen people priced out of the job market. The recent fuel shortage has made it an economic loser to commute to work, and the turmoil in the housing market has made it difficult to move closer to work. At least you don't hear anyone complaining about a 40 mpg aggregate mileage standard any more.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,266  
I expect fossil fuels to be our primary energy source until civilization collapses. If a major war breaks out that destroys pipelines and sinks tankers, that could happen overnight.

If things keep on like they have been, I wonder if the industrialized standard of living will decline? It is going to be hard for wages to keep up with inflation. Buying a new vehicle is out of the question for most people, though perhaps 20% of the population can afford a new car. On the up side, older vehicles last much longer than they used to, though their price has risen to reflect that.

Certainly I have seen people priced out of the job market. The recent fuel shortage has made it an economic loser to commute to work, and the turmoil in the housing market has made it difficult to move closer to work. At least you don't hear anyone complaining about a 40 mpg aggregate mileage standard any more.
Some good points. Our economy/economic model is in turmoil. Inflation and possible recession. The FED is probably going to raise rates again and the stock market is already reacting.

It's difficult to buy a truck/car if you did have the cash or credit, and the price would be MSRP Plus.

There is unrest in much of the world and it could ignite unexpectedly. And if we have to get directly involved...who knows the outcome?

And as for the job market; around here everyone seems to be adverting for workers. Fast food offering $12+ and a signing bonus. Warehouses offering $20 or more and full benefits.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,268  
Ford's struggles should lessen if they could drop all lines with motors and transmissions. I am quite sure Tesla would have failed if they try to make engines and transmissions the same time they was making EVS which do not have engines or transmissions.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,269  
Ford's struggles should lessen if they could drop all lines with motors and transmissions. I am quite sure Tesla would have failed if they try to make engines and transmissions the same time they was making EVS which do not have engines or transmissions.

?????