Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,661  
Amplitude Modulation??

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,662  
Trying to chase fuel/energy prices for a reason to sell and then immediately purchase a vehicle is a fool's errand for most of us and most likely we aren't being honest as to why i need this new to me vehicle.

Selling and purchasing a vehicle based on the "coolness" factor has always been a major reason for vehicle purchases.
I think the reality is the business model changed... maybe schlepping up and down the State at age 74 no longer appealing and accelerating that feeling due to $7 diesel???

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,664  
Came to add something to the original today and it has been closed. Starting another. @Gale Hawkins

Found this today. Tesla has a prototype battery with 750 mile range. Now we are getting somewhere.

All depends on your Agenda . If you believe that EV’s will save the world and they give you status via virtue signalling
You will ignore the cost , short range and long recharge times .

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,665  
All depends on your Agenda . If you believe that EV’s will save the world and they give you status via virtue signalling
You will ignore the cost , short range and long recharge times .
Chase vehicles had to fuel when EV still had 81%? So the chase vehicles had a 150 mile range or didn't fill up when they started the trip. Other than that I liked the video and would consider an EV with 400 mile range.

I wouldn't depend on an EV as my only transportation until charging times come down to about 15 minutes.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,666  
Chase vehicles had to fuel when EV still had 81%? So the chase vehicles had a 150 mile range or didn't fill up when they started the trip. Other than that I liked the video and would consider an EV with 400 mile range.

I wouldn't depend on an EV as my only transportation until charging times come down to about 15 minutes.
400 would be sweet for a one vehicle household.

Now that our Leaf has the new larger 150 mile battery it's more fun. It's main job is to make two 30 mile trips daily. It's former 60 mile range was a pain.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,667  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,668  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,669  
Most AM radio has turned into alternate reality politics, but we have a local station that does an hour of noon news 5 days a week.
Many AMs, especially in smaller cities/towns have FM translators nowadays. These are low-powered transmitters (generally 250W or less) that repeat the programming of their associated AM. In most cases most if not all of the listenership is to the FM. Many AMs have ditched the right wing talk and started playing music again once they got a translator.
You don't see as many of them in densely populated areas due to the lack of available frequencies.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #1,670  
Many AMs, especially in smaller cities/towns have FM translators nowadays. These are low-powered transmitters (generally 250W or less) that repeat the programming of their associated AM. In most cases most if not all of the listenership is to the FM. Many AMs have ditched the right wing talk and started playing music again once they got a translator.
You don't see as many of them in densely populated areas due to the lack of available frequencies.
I was more concerned with ham and CB radio interference. I think it's more likely that rural people need vehicular communication, and early adopters of EVs might also use mobile radio for emergencies. It's no accident that there are ham repeaters sprinkled all over my very hilly area with the Siskiyou Mountains between me and the coast and the Cascades between me and the continent. There's a lot of legacy gear out there, and ditching AM would make a lot of ham radio receivers obsolete.