Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,012  
I think it's called "Event Horizon".

Event_horizon_ver1.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,013  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,015  
Everyone doesn’t have (or want) a Tesla. ;)
Why do you think anyone said as much?

The we-are-not-allowed-to-question authoritative last word Motor Trend article declared trip planning for an EV was very very difficult. Used a couple 3rd party apps which produced bad results routing to broken Government fast chargers, and happily went along with it because it fit their narrative. “proof” that More Government Is Needed To Build EV Gas Stations sells magazines and gets copy/paste to forums and advertising clicks.

Of course trip planning is hard. I do not believe half the drivers on the road can calculate MPG. Most don’t know how to collect the data and the rest don’t know the math. As a result they believe the in-car display, none of which have ever under-estimated MPG.

That is why a Kia was used not a Tesla. The Kia on unreliable government chargers was doomed to fail. In contrast Tesla Superchargers are very reliable. Tesla knows their reputation is on the line. Electrify America is spending government money so their priory is to spend and get established before it is taken away.

The picture I posted of my Tesla nav screen was taken in 2016. Newer firmware displays how many charge stations per site, and how many are in use at that moment. Including status on charge stations if out of order. Standard in-car real time data.

Over 500 miles on that trip with less than 90 minutes of charging. Today a Model 3 will do that in about an hour as not all Superchargers on the route have been upgraded from 120 kW to the current 250 kW version.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,016  
I'm just so happy I'm 70, wife 68. Certainly some things are better today, other's not so much
We could buy EVs, Bugatti or Lamborghini but wouldn't have them. Whatever blows your skirt as they say.
Two years ago when gas was half price things were so much better. Most people fall into that trap "if I spend $XX,XXX I'll be saving $XXX."
Many years ago I thought (and that $1,500 phone is a great example) "Today's new and improved is tomorrow's junk".
Now the EV owners and proponents will dive all over me which I could care less, but to me it's just sad watching all the lemmings going over the cliff.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,017  

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,018  
By slowing down with cruise set at 45 MPH miles of range per one kWh of battery usage average went from 3.2 to 5.2. On the 67 mile trip up and the charger worked fine.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,019  
By slowing down with cruise set at 45 MPH miles of range per one kWh of battery usage average went from 3.2 to 5.2. On the 67 mile trip up and the charger worked fine.
Conversely, I’d like to see how it would do traveling 90 in Oklahoma’s 80 mph speed limit areas. Or even 80 in the 70 areas of many states.