Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,361  
Test drove a Fusion and hated it. I bought a Mazda 3 instead. I can get well over 40mpg summer driving. I've averaged 37.5 mpg over the 1 1/2 years I've owned it. It's a manual transmission that is very hard to find.
We had a Mazda 3. Loved the gas milage. Hated the seats in ours. The seats in it felt like they were solid wood after a couple hrs driving. That and being tall, I resembled a gorilla when getting out of the car

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,362  
I owned several Ford Probes. Basically a Mazda In Ford clothing. Excellent fuel economy, performance and riding comfort. All went 250-300k+ miles.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,363  
We had a Mazda 3. Loved the gas milage. Hated the seats in ours. The seats in it felt like they were solid wood after a couple hrs driving. That and being tall, I resembled a gorilla when getting out of the car
I'll admit it's not made for comfort.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,365  
This hybrid video as good info for ICE owners too.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,366  
So a Prius EV battery doesn't just depend on Regen only to recharge? The son and I were discussing this last night.
Nope. If needed ICE will charge the not-EV-but-hybrid Prius battery when parked.

If MG1 is creating drag and making more power than MG2 needs to drive the wheels the excess goes to the battery. Regeneration comes off MG2. The ECU has a mind of its own as to when to run the ICE to charge the battery. It seems to look for opportunities to run the ICE just a bit harder to charge the battery so that later it can turn the ICE off entirely for a spell. You have no control over this.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,368  
Nope. If needed ICE will charge the not-EV-but-hybrid Prius battery when parked.

If MG1 is creating drag and making more power than MG2 needs to drive the wheels the excess goes to the battery. Regeneration comes off MG2. The ECU has a mind of its own as to when to run the ICE to charge the battery. It seems to look for opportunities to run the ICE just a bit harder to charge the battery so that later it can turn the ICE off entirely for a spell. You have no control over this.
I just learned yesterday the Toyota hybrids do not have alternators or starters like their ICE cars. I haven't gotten deep enough but I assume they still have a timing belt.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,370  
Who hauls hay, livestock, or tractor with an F-150?
I was just pointing out that your Tesla works out for folks in town but not so good for many of us that have acreage with livestock and tractors.