Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,231  
My BIL is a hard core snow sledder, and also would fit in with some of the people here. When 4-stroke snowsleds first came out he was adamantly against them, and for several years had nothing good to say about them. Then he rode one...
Now all that he owns is 4-stroke Yamahas. They're quiet, dependable and powerful.

Some of the posters here talking down about EVs remind me of my BIL.
Bet he doesn't miss the 2 stroke smoke 😄

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,232  
Bet he doesn't miss the 2 stroke smoke 😄
You're probably right. On the other hand two years ago I did buy my first-ever new sled with a newly designed single cylinder, liquid cooled 2 stroke; that thing smokes worse than any sled I've had in years. I'd like to have a Yamaha but don't don't use mine the way that he does, and don't care to shell out 17K for a toy.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,234  
@Fuddyduddy1952 you make some crazy contradictory statements. Claim to like fast cars but you'd refuse a free Bugatti that does 2.3sec 0-60 and maxes out at 304mph? Buying an electric car is a waste of money and bad for the environment but you buy two new mustangs to barely drive?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,235  
My BIL is a hard core snow sledder, and also would fit in with some of the people here. When 4-stroke snowsleds first came out he was adamantly against them, and for several years had nothing good to say about them. Then he rode one...
Now all that he owns is 4-stroke Yamahas. They're quiet, dependable and powerful.

Some of the posters here talking down about EVs remind me of my BIL.
Yep, that proves over time common sense wins out over emotionalism. 🙂

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,236  
Thanks. I'm going to check with my body shop and see what ideas they have, but I'm of the nature that most dings are better left alone if the paint is still intact.
The paintless dent removal guys do pretty good. My Prius was parked in a hailstorm. Broke windshield, 30 dents in roof and fenders, aluminum hood was replaced. After repair could not see where the dents were in the roof.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,237  
@Fuddyduddy1952 you make some crazy contradictory statements. Claim to like fast cars but you'd refuse a free Bugatti that does 2.3sec 0-60 and maxes out at 304mph? Buying an electric car is a waste of money and bad for the environment but you buy two new mustangs to barely drive?
I think Fuddy has gotten a "kick" out of his AMX.?

In The Youtube vid it Looked "Plenty" quick to me. No electric will Ever have the sound of that AMC V8 being shifted running the quarter mile- something to be said for a Visceral experience.

Maybe Fuddy can post a link to one of the quarter mile runs, I enjoyed it and just watching got my blood pumping.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,238  
Yep, that proves over time common sense wins out over emotionalism. 🙂
Common sense says EVs are the cars of the future...but intelligence says certainly not using current battery / power technology...no emotionalism involved...!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,239  
You can post all the math you want...The AEG published their report...you try to dispute their numbers using cherry picked data...
They didn't even cherry pick data, they fabricated data.

They fantasize a "charger" (sic) costs $464/year, costs 1/3rd of the annual cost of fueling an EV. Never mind most EVs come with the "charger". About a year ago Tesla quit bundling the EVSE and started offering the Tesla Mobile Connector (note it is not a "charger") separately for $230.

The device they are referring to isn't even a charger. The EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment) is a super smart and safe extension cord. All it does is deliver alternating current grid power to the onboard charger. The charger is built in to the EV because the needs of every EV battery is different.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,240  
They didn't even cherry pick data, they fabricated data.

They fantasize a "charger" (sic) costs $464/year, costs 1/3rd of the annual cost of fueling an EV. Never mind most EVs come with the "charger". About a year ago Tesla quit bundling the EVSE and started offering the Tesla Mobile Connector (note it is not a "charger") separately for $230.

The device they are referring to isn't even a charger. The EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment) is a super smart and safe extension cord. All it does is deliver alternating current grid power to the onboard charger. The charger is built in to the EV because the needs of every EV battery is different.
Get real for pete's sake...geeze...!

If they fabricated data the Internet (soc. med.) would be ablaze...the only push back is by "fantasy world" zealots like yourself...!