Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,282  
Nah. But it can fight you a bit on lane changes. Kinda interesting, that it won't fight you if you use your turn signal to change lanes. But it will fight you if you don't. Supposed to use them anyway, but sometimes, late at night, out on a divided highway with no other traffic around, I like to take the curves crossing back and forth between lanes to make the shortest distance, or, to stay away from the sides where deer are known to be. I'm talking 2-3am in the dark on limited access highways when you see no other car lights for miles.
Yeah, you definitely need lane control.... ;)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,283  
This is the first company that commercially started AI software for self-driving assistance.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,284  
Around here, we use Kroger gas and get points off on groceries. Last fill up, I got 75 cents off per gallon but you have to use a CC, in this case a Kroger Mastercard.
Did they put a fuel limit on the amount you can pump at the discount?

Local Kroger stores here put a 10 gallon limit for the discounted gas. I used to save up mine and my wife's points and then get almost $2 off a gallon and would fill up the truck. I quit using them and doing it once they instituted the 10 gallon limit.

I've since started filling up at Sam's club when possible. They started accepting the WEX fuel card in my service truck, so I hit them for fuel too, and get the cash back to use in the store instead.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,285  
Retired engineer. Isn't afraid of numbers. 20 years working as a DoD contractor I've seen the best try to lie with numbers. Anderson Economic Group is a patsy for the established domestic automakers. They are very poor liars, but good enough to know to delete the hard data that proves their lie.

From their PDF: "The automobile industry has been an area of specialization for the experts at AEG since our founding in 1996"

Put your rose-colored glasses on to view this real world hard data without hurting your eyes:

Yup, $0.1107/mile for my plebeian Subaru, or $0.0392/mile for my luxurious GT sports car Tesla. I'm such a cheapskate, its only saving 7¢ (per mile). Such a trivial amount, it must be down in the noise level and not significant!

Then again I have never claimed to have purchased the Tesla to save money. But now I have it, it gets driven the most in part due to the cost/mile. Bought the Tesla in 2013, the Subaru in 2016, the F-150 in 2019.

Oh, and because I am not AEG hiding my data: $3.099/gallon, 28 MPG, $0.1104/kWh and 0.380 kWh/mile.

TeslaFi says for the last 9000 miles I have used 326 Wh/mile. So 380 is making my Tesla expenses seem higher than actual.

Logbook of every fuel purchase, odometer divided by sum total gallons of fuel = 28, oops, 29.16 MPG.

LMAO...when you don't like the message...shoot the messenger (AEG)...so typical of those that like you that live in a fantasy world...just go ask your "bubble" friends or whatever they're called...LoL...!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,286  
LMAO...when you don't like the message...shoot the messenger (AEG)...so typical of those that like you that live in a fantasy world...just go ask your "bubble" friends or whatever they're called...LoL...!
Pine when do you plan to stop abusing TBN posting rules and posters?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,287  
This covers a lot of different news points, but the first one is about the reduction in gasoline use and therefore the refinery reduction in gasoline and short-term price impacts.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,289  
Some thoughts on who will be impacted by a Artificial Intelligence (AI) revolution.