Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,401  
This guy is a board member of the California Air Resources Board. So I don't think there is a more credible primary source on the subject.

Here he lays out what the current California political climate is planning for the future. We can expect changes over time but I expect within the broad guidelines he describes here.

If your state chooses to follow California's lead then getting familiar with this can help you plan ahead.

Clearly transportation is the low hanging fruit.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,402  
This guy is a board member of the California Air Resources Board. So I don't think there is a more credible primary source on the subject.

Here he lays out what the current California political climate is planning for the future. We can expect changes over time but I expect within the broad guidelines he describes here.

If your state chooses to follow California's lead then getting familiar with this can help you plan ahead.

While that original article isn't intentionally political, this re-post of the same thing is followed by a lot of pro and con arguments.
Californians move over here screwing things up for the right coast. Lots of stuff starts there and needs to STAY there...no offense.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,403  
Wonder if India and the CCP would follow Ca.?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,404  
Yes and that currently it is scoring as the safest car on the road. Today it did the first major software upgrade features wise. And after it downloaded I stayed in the car and listened to it. Installed the software. I was reading on the screen to see what files were being logged and also listen to the noises that was being made. It is absolutely amazing but I googled it and that is the way it does. It obviously testing its features as it installs them. That's the way they build a cars in the factory. They come out of the factory self tested. Everything is self-tested along the way and it's all automated.

Since we have to be out before daylight in the morning I got out and drove some icy roads that were also wet from some thawing and just absolutely amazing at the job that was doing. It doesn't mean one can't crash and burn, but I was very impressed. I'll see if I'm alive this time tomorrow. 🙂

Currently I'm using the self-steer feature which I'm getting adjusted to and it is awesome. Then I'm going to subscribe to the enhanced autopilot and try to get proficient with it and then I will subscribe to full self-driving and see how I like that. Of course there are no full self-driving cars today, but this one comes with all the hardware today and the software is getting better with each beta release l from what I see on YouTube.

From what I gather, the Tesla Model Y dual motor long range at the current sub $50K net was our best option today.
That is great to hear Gale.

One of the most Important things for me is how well the software controlled AWD will handle Icy roads. Your Y still has the factory supplied 19 inch tires/wheels Correct?
Was this driving standard mode or can /did you use a different driving mode?

Hoping tomorrow will bring a new (sooner) estimated delivery date.
From what I read on the Tesla motor Forum many new orders are updated on Wednesdays.

Almost went in and changed the build and added the tow hitch after watching a couple videos, but concerned it could push my delivery out of the March Tax credit window. Apparently when the hitch is factory ordered the vehicle gets "tow haul" software. I think you made a great decision adding that option.
Oh well, will be Happy if I get it in the current EDD window which ends on March 25th.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,405  
That is great to hear Gale.

One of the most Important things for me is how well the software controlled AWD will handle Icy roads. Your Y still has the factory supplied 19 inch tires/wheels Correct?
Was this driving standard mode or can /did you use a different driving mode?

Hoping tomorrow will bring a new (sooner) estimated delivery date.
From what I read on the Tesla motor Forum many new orders are updated on Wednesdays.

Almost went in and changed the build and added the tow hitch after watching a couple videos, but concerned it could push my delivery out of the March Tax credit window. Apparently when the hitch is factory ordered the vehicle gets "tow haul" software. I think you made a great decision adding that option.
Oh well, will be Happy if I get it in the current EDD window which ends on March 25th.
Yes 19" and standard drive mode. The factory hitch and software can be put on at a Tesla service center and it is 1300 so basically $300 to do it after the fact.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,406  
Never been in a Walmart in my life. But I've heard the stories ....
Man... Get a bucket of popcorn and go for a walk. 🤣

But seriously, depending on the area it's in, it's usually just a reflection of the community. We've got 4 within 20 minutes, 6 within a half hour. I don't care for them too much, but their Dove dark chocolate is always cheapest.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,407  
A young pretty lady was in a see through dress in ours. Completely naked. Dress was thin as ladies hosiery.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,408  
Here is a business minded investor that I follow through The All in Podcast. Things got the moving very fast the last couple weeks and I'll have yet to invest in Tesla as a business instead. I've just bought one.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,409  
2023_01_31_21.55.34.jpg