Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,601  
maybe Asia should be paying us to keep our forests so managed
That's actually happening. Canada launches Greenhouse Gas Offset Credit System to support a clean, green economy - Canada.ca

5 (1) Unless otherwise provided in the applicable protocol, the period in respect of which a project can generate offset credits is

• (a) in the case of a sequestration project related to forestry, 30 years;
  • (b) in the case of a sequestration project other than one related to forestry, 20 years; and
  • (c) in the case of any other project, 10 years.

Disclaimer: I did not read the article in it's entirety. I merely posted it to show the theory behind carbon credits.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,602  
@sd455dan I think you may enjoy the below about Henry Ford inventing the machine that builds the machine called Highland. Not sure about Musk being a reincarnated Henry Ford but clearly both have unusual personal traits and their governments call on them in time of great need.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,603  
That's actually happening. Canada launches Greenhouse Gas Offset Credit System to support a clean, green economy - Canada.ca

Disclaimer: I did not read the article in it's entirety. I merely posted it to show the theory behind carbon credits.
Also happening in the United States. You can delay the cutting of your timberland, in return sell carbon credits. I have not done it but it has been done my member(s) here.

There are people that have such a guilt complex and don't want to be hypocritical that they buy carbon credits to offset the co2 produced by their chosen mode of transportation on vacation - example - cruise ship.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,604  
Same here. And they can't have a phone in their house. If they have one it's in a box on the pole or in a toilet looking shack.
Oliver Douglas was Amish?
2023_02_04_12.06.57.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,605  
Not sure it's a big deal but was happy to learn from our VIN that our car was coming from a more conservative place like and the state where I went to college. Ours came with the cargo lid.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,606  
Candidly, I don't care. CO is a necessary ingredient for photosynthesis without it, nothing grows.....
CO2 but ya, so you can't grow crops without hydrogen dioxide but you can have too much of it. BTW extra co2 make poorer quality crops.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,607  
Also happening in the United States. You can delay the cutting of your timberland, in return sell carbon credits. I have not done it but it has been done my member(s) here.

There are people that have such a guilt complex and don't want to be hypocritical that they buy carbon credits to offset the co2 produced by their chosen mode of transportation on vacation - example - cruise ship.
It's really just a shell game. I've often wondered about the credits paid to Tesla; do they account for the environmental damage done mining? Buying the "right to pollute" is an "interesting" concept.

Carbon is carbon whether it's a tree, 2x4 or sheet of plywood. The only time it's released is when it's burned or decays. From that standpoint you are better to maintain a healthy, vigorous, younger forest rather than stagnant old growth.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,608  
EV Humor! By the way who came up with the carbon credit schemia?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,609  
@sd455dan I think you may enjoy the below about Henry Ford inventing the machine that builds the machine called Highland. Not sure about Musk being a reincarnated Henry Ford but clearly both have unusual personal traits and their governments call on them in time of great need.

Yeah I read a lot of the story many years ago in the Complete Ford tractor history book when I bought my Ford 3000. Really, Really an amazing story with Ford and the vertical integration and Pricing and total time to manufacture a vehicle.

Been thinking about the "meeting" between Musk and the white house.
Have to think Elon was playing three dimensional chess and the white house checkers.
In the end imo Elon forced the tax rule change that will benefit all of the manufacturers in USA of EVs.
Now that Tesla started pulling back the price drop it will help GM and Ford plus others stay in the EV market versus loosing lots of money on the EV's they build. At least Ford seems to understand that they need to change to stay competitive.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #6,610  
EV Humor! By the way who came up with the carbon credit schemia?

Obviously, somebody who wanted to keep on polluting. That's a well chosen terminology. ;)

Edit; I clicked on your link and a video for "enlarged prostrate" came on. It took me a couple of seconds to realize it was an ad, not what you were posting. 😆