Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,611  
I had no idea top trim was $80K. I can't seeing the planned EV version being much cheaper.

Really Wonder with the state of affairs between US and China right now, How well that expensive of a Chinese import will be received and sell in the US regardless of the Lincoln badging.

It did Not seem to hurt the Buick Envision SUV. Not sure it hurt Volvo sales either.

But getting up close to $100K vehicles is another thing.

One thing at least for now, about buying a Tesla is that it is about as American of a new vehicle as far as parts sourcing and labor as will be found whether electric or otherwise.

Tesla just dropped the prices again,
Hard to believe they really needed to- but It does sting a little that taking delivery today would have been 3 K less for me on the Y performance.
Tesla Will take sales from the legacy OEMs especially ones that are on waiting lists for an ev.

With this price reduction the model Y will be the biggest selling electric in the USA this Year.

It may really be the new "VW bug" with More storage, but unlike the Bug but is quicker than many Porsches.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,612  
If...IF EVs are being mandated, i.e. the elimination of "infernal" combustion engines to lower CO2...for the environment...why oh why does anyone care or talk about speed?
That's counter-intuitive. The EV with less power would draw less current, less tax on the grid, faster charging time and longer range. I just don't understand.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,613  
The First Natural-Gas Ban in the U.S. Just Got Shot Down

What states can do has limitations so I have no fear of states banning the selling of new gas cars. I don't even see it at the Federal level.

The Valley of Death graphic showed the results of people voting with their own money.

People will buy EVs over gas cars when it leaves more money in their bank accounts.

Like Elon Musk I believe EV rebates are dumb because there's no shortage EV demand in the USA today. What is the backlog to get a Ford F-150 Lightning?

Just because Chicken Little says the sky is falling doesn't mean we need to head for a cave.

What really burns me is these people using horse and buggies not paying road taxes.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,614  
If...IF EVs are being mandated, i.e. the elimination of "infernal" combustion engines to lower CO2...for the environment...why oh why does anyone care or talk about speed?
That's counter-intuitive. The EV with less power would draw less current, less tax on the grid, faster charging time and longer range. I just don't understand.

Because we all like zippy cars!

AD8D7C76-7D23-4247-A734-A60C91843A64.gif

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,615  
The First Natural-Gas Ban in the U.S. Just Got Shot Down

What states can do has limitations so I have no fear of states banning the selling of new gas cars. I don't even see it at the Federal level.

The Valley of Death graphic showed the results of people voting with their own money.

People will buy EVs over gas cars when it leaves more money in their bank accounts.

Like Elon Musk I believe EV rebates are dumb because there's no shortage EV demand in the USA today. What is the backlog to get a Ford F-150 Lightning?

Just because Chicken Little says the sky is falling doesn't mean we need to head for a cave.

What really burns me is these people using horse and buggies not paying road taxes.

FYI...The Easter bunny is not real...neither is the tooth fairy...!

BTW...that so called "valley of death" is just something somebody made up and is just supposition..
try not to be so gullible...spreading bad information never helps...!

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,616  
Why does our much heavier 362 HP EV not use more current than our 150 HP EV on the same trip under the same conditions?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,617  
Because your Leaf has to work hard to act like a car while the tesla is just loping along with no worries. Same reason my Dodge can get 30 mpg when I behave or 6 mph when I don't.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#8,618  
Both sustained top speed and torque on the motor (acceleration/towing) heavily drain energy. I don't think we can sell slower speeds until these vehicles drive themselves. Just tell it where to go and take a nap.

Right now it will be hard enough to sell EVs to the masses due to extra cost from buying a battery, poor charging network support, and poor performance in more extreme weather. If they tried to slow everyone down 20 mph on the highway it would get nowhere. Not only that but EVs really eat up tire tread, so that can be an added expense.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2
#8,619  
Why does our much heavier 362 HP EV not use more current than our 150 HP EV on the same trip under the same conditions?
Could also be voltage difference. Voltage + Amp = Power (watt). Motors could be more efficient as well.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #8,620  
Really Wonder with the state of affairs between US and China right now, How well that expensive of a Chinese import will be received and sell in the US regardless of the Lincoln badging.

It did Not seem to hurt the Buick Envision SUV. Not sure it hurt Volvo sales either.

But getting up close to $100K vehicles is another thing.

One thing at least for now, about buying a Tesla is that it is about as American of a new vehicle as far as parts sourcing and labor as will be found whether electric or otherwise.

Tesla just dropped the prices again,
Hard to believe they really needed to- but It does sting a little that taking delivery today would have been 3 K less for me on the Y performance.
Tesla Will take sales from the legacy OEMs especially ones that are on waiting lists for an ev.

With this price reduction the model Y will be the biggest selling electric in the USA this Year.

It may really be the new "VW bug" with More storage, but unlike the Bug but is quicker than many Porsches.

While I am happy about this new $3000 price cut I am totally pumped about controlling my windows from the house in the future.

The Model Y is less expensive than the model. 3 for Tesla to build and put on the market.