Battery disconnect switch

Fxfymn413

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 4060; Kubota BX2660
Resurrecting an old post . . . I need to leave my tractor at my land, 10 miles from my home and am interested in a battery disconnect as additional theft deterrent.
I'd take the battery home and put it on a maintainer unless you are using the tractor frequently to keep it charged. You can put an Anderson type connector on the cables to make it easy to remove and it will serve as a disconnect as well.

I worked on boats for many years and every boat I worked on that had a disconnect switch from the factory, and most did, had them on the positive side.

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
I worked on boats for many years and every boat I worked on that had a disconnect switch from the factory, and most did, had them on the positive side.
So do rv's specifically most class c's

MHarryE

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7-171, Kubota M110GX, IH 4386, IH1486, Case 301.8, Kubota L6060, plus many others
At Caterpillar we put a battery disconnect switch in a locked compartment. One theft deterrent is to turn the disconnect off before locking the machine at the end of the day, but that cuts all power. If you have a radio that needs to be powered to retain station presets, time o the clock, all gone. But the disconnect is very useful when working on the machine. Very high current capability switch since it is in the ground path.