Battery for my 3720

/ Battery for my 3720 #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
My yellow top Optima decided to quit without warning the other day so I am in need of a replacement. Sticker on the side said 4/05 so if that is true it's served it's purpose. I think mine began service in my 455 and then went to the 3720 when the OEM battery crapped out.I had 3 of these in service w/o issue. The forklift seldom gets used so I robbed the battery and moved it to the tractor. I see such mixed reviews on this battery.

/ Battery for my 3720 #2  
Is there a question in there? As long as the battery provides a minimum 500CCA - and fits in the tray with sufficient clearances - it should be acceptable for a 3720.

//greg//

/ Battery for my 3720
I guess what I'm wondering is what is the most popular choice for a starting battery for these rigs? The Optima yellow was once in good favor, but is it still? Always started fine for me all winter parked out in WI cold.

/ Battery for my 3720 #4  
Despite the proliferation of names and colors, there are only three battery manufacturers in the USA. Lots of plants perhaps, but all owned and/or operated by the same three. So the choice still comes back to whichever (minimum) 500 CCA battery - that will fit without clearance issues - and has the best price tag and warranty.

Having said that, you can also find Asian batteries. But I try to make as many "Made in USA" purchases as possible.

//greg//