BATWING OWNERS: How do you have your hydraulics set up?

mlauk

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2135
I've got 2 remotes, 1 for for raising the deck and the 2nd for both wings.

radman1

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806
I use one set of remotes for the wings. Another set to raise the mower.

marksmu

Bronze Member
Tractor
66Kubota M900 92 Hp, Ford 6610, Ford 1700
I was pretty surprised to get this far into the replies and not have anyone mention the pros and cons of two remotes vs. three.

If your tractor has 3 remotes you should by all means use all 3. Alot of people combine the cylinders on the two wings to one remote b/c they only have 2 remotes on the tractor.

If you have 3 and you have for instance a ditch to mow, you can drop one wing in the ditch, lower the main blade, and then set the second wing at an appropriate height to keep a clean cut without scalping the edges. You can also raise a wing slightly to clear stumps, rocks, culverts, etc, without going way off course.

You can certainly get by with only 2 remotes, but its advantageous to have 3, and if you have the remotes on the tractor already, its certainly not more work to reach over and hit 1 more lever.

Thats my opinion. I have 2 BW's, one 15' and one 20' and have them both set up for 3 remotes.

OP
Glowplug

Glowplug

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040HD
marksmu said:
I was pretty surprised to get this far into the replies and not have anyone mention the pros and cons of two remotes vs. three.

If your tractor has 3 remotes you should by all means use all 3. Alot of people combine the cylinders on the two wings to one remote b/c they only have 2 remotes on the tractor.

If you have 3 and you have for instance a ditch to mow, you can drop one wing in the ditch, lower the main blade, and then set the second wing at an appropriate height to keep a clean cut without scalping the edges. You can also raise a wing slightly to clear stumps, rocks, culverts, etc, without going way off course.

You can certainly get by with only 2 remotes, but its advantageous to have 3, and if you have the remotes on the tractor already, its certainly not more work to reach over and hit 1 more lever.

Thats my opinion. I have 2 BW's, one 15' and one 20' and have them both set up for 3 remotes.

Great post Mark! Thanks!