Batwing with a single remote?

/ Batwing with a single remote? #21  
1635540699869.png
1635540699869.png
YYY

/ Batwing with a single remote? #22  
You can run it with one remote just fine. Raising the batwing during operation can damage the drive shafts. Having three remotes allows you to operate each wing separately and can speed things up when just have to lift one wing for clearance around a tree for instance

/ Batwing with a single remote? #23  
Flex wing finish mowers are a different animal. Most come standard with all 3 deck lifts plumbed in parallel operating off one single acting circuit. Batwing rotary cutters, not so much.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #24  
You can run it with one remote just fine. Raising the batwing during operation can damage the drive shafts. Having three remotes allows you to operate each wing separately and can speed things up when just have to lift one wing for clearance around a tree for instance
It is not clear what you are thinking when you say "one remote just fine". Surely, you are not activating all 3 cylinders concurrently.

I'm not sure where you get your information regarding damage when raising anything. I have owned 2 and can attest that there is no damage, and I have done lots of it for various reasons.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #25  
I see some people arent understanding the differences in design between a flexwing finish mower and a batwing brushcutter. most flexwing mowers use a single hydraulic line plumbed to all the decks and require all decks to be down to use. they have a set cut height that cant be changed while in use. batwing brush cutters require more functions. If a finish mower would suit your purposes, then you're all set and you could just find a flex wing. If not, its really not that difficult to add a valve stack with as many remotes as you want. Ive put together remotes for 2 tractors for like 1/3 of the cost of one bought from the dealership.
20200109_130103.jpg
20200125_163539.jpg

/ Batwing with a single remote? #26  
How do I know that my Woods batwing finish mower will be damaged if raised during operation? It happened when I forgot to turn off the PTO while raising the mower wings and caused one of the drive joints to break before I could turn it off.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #27  
I have owned 2 and can attest that there is no damage, and I have done lots of it for various reasons.
That's your experience with a tiny sample of the brands and models of cutters built over the years. I can attest there is ample opportunity to inflict hundreds of dollars of driveline and gearbox damage to many mowers by operating them with the wings folded up.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #28  
Rhino model TS10 and TS12 are rough cut mowers for lower hp tractors and run off one remote. They are not a heavy duty mower but the would be useful to maintain pastures etc. Tractor Time with Tim shows him using one.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #29  
That's your experience with a tiny sample of the brands and models of cutters built over the years. I can attest there is ample opportunity to inflict hundreds of dollars of driveline and gearbox damage to many mowers by operating them with the wings folded up.
How do I know that my Woods batwing finish mower will be damaged if raised during operation? It happened when I forgot to turn off the PTO while raising the mower wings and caused one of the drive joints to break before I could turn it off.
Ok, understood. My 2 mowers were Servis / Rhino. The heavy duty, maybe even heavier than what is used by the county to mow ditches. Apparently the driveline design and angles of mine and others are different. I thought they would all behave the same.

/ Batwing with a single remote? #30  
I see some people arent understanding the differences in design between a flexwing finish mower and a batwing brushcutter. most flexwing mowers use a single hydraulic line plumbed to all the decks and require all decks to be down to use. they have a set cut height that cant be changed while in use. batwing brush cutters require more functions. If a finish mower would suit your purposes, then you're all set and you could just find a flex wing. If not, its really not that difficult to add a valve stack with as many remotes as you want. Ive put together remotes for 2 tractors for like 1/3 of the cost of one bought from the dealership.
Hey now, I like that layout. Do I see that right - 5 SVC plus the loader joystick? I've been wanting to add rear remotes to my Kubota ROPS. However, if you follow his link, you should see that the OP is considering a 2WD Cab tractor. Kinda hard to get all of the output hoses from inside the cab to the outside - not an impossible task, but complicated.