Bed Lift for Kawasaki Mule

/ Bed Lift for Kawasaki Mule #1  

SChorsegirl

Tractor
Kawasaki Mule
Hoping someone here can help me with this. I have a 1999 Kawasaki Mule 2500. I want to install a bed lift to it. I am being told by the local Kawasaki dealership that it will cost about $1100 for the lift and end up being $1500 with the install cost. Is this the only way to put a lift on this older model Mule? Is there a less expensive lift kit that will work for it and is it possible? I know the Gators are already set up for a lift to be added, but the Kawasaki people told me that my older Mule is not set ujp for it. However, when I looked at a used John Deere Gator, I could have gotten the lift put on for $500. I have a feeling this person was using a generic lift, not a "John Deere" one. So, does anybody know if this is possible for an old Mule and where I can get a generic lift that would work?

/ Bed Lift for Kawasaki Mule #2  
How handy are ya? And how fast do you need it to dump? Just figure out where to bolt or weld on the right angle iron, and you can mount one of these bad boys yourself for cheaper. Will take 30-40 seconds to dump, though.

/ Bed Lift for Kawasaki Mule
That is fine...I'm not in any real hurry to dump. As long as it does it by itself. I'm not handy in this way so I'll ahve to get someone to do it.

/ Bed Lift for Kawasaki Mule #4  
When I bought my 2012 Kawasaki 4010 TransMule, the dealer wanted over a grand for the cylinder to lift the dump bed. I looked online and found a kit for $800. The instructions where not great, but I figured it out and saved a few bucks. I've had to replace the switch, and it's blown a few fuses, but otherwise, it's been real nice to have. I think that if the dealer will do it for $1,100 and that includes everything, it's not too bad of a deal.