Beet Juice filled tire leaking around valve stem

/ Beet Juice filled tire leaking around valve stem #1  

fruitcakesa

Veteran Member
Tractor
M6040 JD 450C
I know this is a huge PITA with the filled heavy tire.
It appears that the rubber stem's raised portion that butts against the outside of the rim no longer is holding tightly and juice and air are leaking around it.
I know the fix is to remove and drain the tire and insert a new valve stem.
Has anyone got an idea how to temporarily seal the stem until I can arrange for a permanent repair?
I was thinking of using a grooved rubber bushing to slide over the stem and snapping onto the rim and then threading the stem nut down onto it. Sort of a ghetto fix for the failed raised stem. Maybe bedding it in some silicone after cleaning and drying the rim.
Any other thoughts?

/ Beet Juice filled tire leaking around valve stem #2  
just fix it and get it over with

/ Beet Juice filled tire leaking around valve stem #3  
I know of nothing maybe youtube has quick fix...save beet juice.

/ Beet Juice filled tire leaking around valve stem #4  
I like Rimguard. But it sure can be a mess. Might be worth having Rimguard service place re do it. What a mess that could be. Is it only one tire? Might be worth the $150 or so to have it done and not worry about it.

/ Beet Juice filled tire leaking around valve stem #5  
I would only have tubes to begin with. Only use water and anti freeze. Heck, anti freeze now is safe to drink. I don't understand the beet juice. Makes flats very expensive. I love tubes.

You might can catch and save the juice, we save our anti freeze. You may can then put stem at top and break bead loose and replace stem. I've replaced on machine before.

/ Beet Juice filled tire leaking around valve stem #6  
I hate tubes......

/ Beet Juice filled tire leaking around valve stem #7  
Interesting problem. I have a very good dealer and would call him. Just park it with the valve at 12:00 for now, but I do not need my tractor running right now either.

Let us know how you make out

/ Beet Juice filled tire leaking around valve stem
Installed the new valve stem: https://www.grainger.com/product/HALTEC-Tire-Valve-0-625-in-Rim-Hole-446V01. Installed in seconds and works like a charm.
The only issue was removing the old stem which was originally installed from the inside and it has a metal core so I could not pull it out.
I sawzalled it off as close to the rim as I could get which left about 3/8" still sticking out. Then used my grinder to smooth the edges a bit and just pushed it into the tire which being tubeless should not be a problem :eek:{I hope}