Belarus 5440 tractor

/ Belarus 5440 tractor #1  

wynsom3

Tractor
Massey Ferguson B1260
Does anyone have any experience with a Belarus 5440 tractor. Im looking at one to buy for my acrage and it looks like not a bad tractor. It has 343 hours and has a cab with a FEL. Im not to crazy about the shift lever for the tranny as it takes some getting use to. Anyway if anyone has some pointers I would be glad to hear from you. Thanks a bunch.
Emil in Alberta Canada

/ Belarus 5440 tractor #2  
We just had a disscussion about belarus and why there so cheap on this furom, it would be to your best interest to look through it before making your decision.

/ Belarus 5440 tractor
I suppose there is a reason why they are so cheap. This one is a Belarus 5440 4WD with a cab and FEL with only 343 HRS on the tack. Its in like new shape but I dont know a whole lot about these tractors, not many people around here have them. The price seems reasonable compared to other models and I only use a tractor to move round bales and blow snow in the winter. Hours a year is no more than about 200. I really dont know, II have to give this some serious thought. Thanks for the info.
wynsom3

/ Belarus 5440 tractor #6  
Does anyone have any experience with a Belarus 5440 tractor. Im looking at one to buy for my acrage and it looks like not a bad tractor. It has 343 hours and has a cab with a FEL. Im not to crazy about the shift lever for the tranny as it takes some getting use to. Anyway if anyone has some pointers I would be glad to hear from you. Thanks a bunch.
Emil in Alberta Canada
I'm trying to find a manual for one of these tractors any one can help would be great

/ Belarus 5440 tractor #7  
You'd be better off starting a new thread than replying to a 14yo one.

/ Belarus 5440 tractor #8  
You may be better off contacting the russian manufacturer and asking for an english(american/canadian) translation. Note british english has slightly different termanology to US.
Is your g/box a 4 speed with a 3 or 4 speed splitter on the steering wheel where the horn usually goes?

/ Belarus 5440 tractor #9  
Belarus tractors are made in Minsk, Belarus, inland from Latvia.

I speculate that tensions with Latvia and the other small Baltic/NATO republics over Russia's invasion of Ukraine are high. Belarus tractor exports are likely a mess, parts included.

Last edited:
   / Belarus 5440 tractor #10  
friend had one. keep an eye on the clutch, etc, he felt they are weak & go out easily.