Belated greetings from Ohio

/ Belated greetings from Ohio #1  

rtshinn

Tractor
John Deere 1025 TLB
I've belonged to this site for quite a while but I have rarely posted. Just thought I'd Introduce myself and tell you what tractors I have/had.

I bought a property in south eastern Ohio, 18 acres mostly woods. A little over 10 years ago I bought a Yanmar 1610D w/loader and always needed a backhoe to go with it. I bought an imported backhoe for the 3 point hitch but that little Yanmar was way too small for it so I sold it and bought a Yanmar 2610D w/loader. The backhoe was still too much for the tractor, which seemed very unstable. Basically using a backhoe mounted to a 3 point hitch was probably not a great idea anyway, as many have stated.

I ended up selling all of it, and buying a 2018 JD1025r TLB with a 60" belly mower for $14k and paid my brother in law $500 to go get it. It was a great bargain, and made all the difference in the world. The thing is very stable, capable, and easy to use. It's a very well thought out piece of equipment.

Last edited:
   / Belated greetings from Ohio #2  
Welcome from Southern Nevada! Sounds like you got a fun tractor. (y)

/ Belated greetings from Ohio #3  
Welcome to TBN posting!

/ Belated greetings from Ohio #4  
Welcome to TBN! Sounds like you have a great tractor for your needs! I've heard good things about the 1025. I do feel that the TLB packages are better engineered as a whole.

PS - we love pictures :)

/ Belated greetings from Ohio #5  
Welcome, from a little Northeast of you in Carroll County.

/ Belated greetings from Ohio #7  
It's great to have you as a member. 🚜 :)

/ Belated greetings from Ohio #8  
G'day Mate, and welcome to posting on TBN, from Downunder.

Enjoy the site even more.

/ Belated greetings from Ohio #9  
3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!

/ Belated greetings from Ohio #10  
And a belated Welcome to your belated greeting. (y) :ROFLMAO: