Bent Brush Guard on NX

/ Bent Brush Guard on NX #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
Why in the world do they have to make the hood open with such close tolerance to the brush guard :) Back a couple months ago I was using a rear blade on the loader to unload some trailer loads of dirt, I bumped the rub rail a few times with the brush guard, went to open the hood a few weeks later and it hit hit the guard after only opening a few inches. After looks it over I found that it bent the ends of the mounting plate were both up rights are mounted. For now I have just loosened the mounting bolts and allowed the guard to lean out away from the hood enough to allow clearance the couple of times I've needed to open it. Not sure just yet what I'm going to do, I could just bend it back with little work but if it got bumped again I'd be right back were I am now. Been looking at different designs and may build a new one.

/ Bent Brush Guard on NX #2  
A brush guard bent with a bump? Were the mounting bolts loose and it just moved back?

/ Bent Brush Guard on NX #3  
Some of the guys have built a more hefty brush guard. I think Richard, up there in north Missouri, has built such a one. Getting it out further from the hood shouldn't be a problem for those with welding skills. When I slightly bent the one on my little B2620, i was able to just bend it back into alignment.

It seems that the other function of a good brush guard is to keep sticks/limbs from punching thru the grill/radiator.

And "Oh", what's an "NX". Maybe a picture?

Cheers,
Mike

/ Bent Brush Guard on NX
Yeah I ran across Richards while doing some searching, just have to decide which route I want to take, straighten and leave it, straighten and reenforce it, or start all over from scratch. Oh the NX is the new line of kioti compact tractors.

/ Bent Brush Guard on NX #5  
My neighbor got his MF 1734E stuck at his camp. His camp neighbor came over with a big Cat loader and wrapped a chain around the brush guard and lifted and pulled him out. Bent the crap out of his brush guard. My neighbor has asked me to straighten and rebuild his guard and add a winch. He wants to wait till spring to do this so I'll have to wait till then to get pics. I'll also add some expanded metal and a plate to mount his winch.

For yours, It may pull back into position with a chain. If not it may require a press or some heat to persuade it back. Once straightened up you can add exp. metal and some re-enforcing braces, paint and reinstall.

/ Bent Brush Guard on NX #6  
I faced the same problem - brush guard bent and hood kept from opening. A sturdy chain attached to the top of the guard and the other end to a sturdy tree, some careful tugging in 4 wheel drive and problem solved. My tractor is an NX4510.

/ Bent Brush Guard on NX #7  
Why in the world do they have to make the hood open with such close tolerance to the brush guard :) Back a couple months ago I was using a rear blade on the loader to unload some trailer loads of dirt, I bumped the rub rail a few times with the brush guard, went to open the hood a few weeks later and it hit hit the guard after only opening a few inches. After looks it over I found that it bent the ends of the mounting plate were both up rights are mounted. For now I have just loosened the mounting bolts and allowed the guard to lean out away from the hood enough to allow clearance the couple of times I've needed to open it. Not sure just yet what I'm going to do, I could just bend it back with little work but if it got bumped again I'd be right back were I am now. Been looking at different designs and may build a new one.

I bent mine on my CK20 and pulled it back into place using a chain and the front loader, only had to do this a couple times in 5 yrs, so I do not plan on changing anything right now.

Rancho

/ Bent Brush Guard on NX #8  
I just ordered new front plastic and emblem and have to take my brush guard off and straighten it from a pine branch that got lodged sideways. My fault but it is a crappy design for a brush guard, it doesn't guard anything.

/ Bent Brush Guard on NX #9  
I bent one once and it was on a new tractor. It broke my heart but I bent it back and eventually forgot about the trauma.

Here's the way I look at it now and in the correct order.

1. Bend it back
2. Step back to admire your handy work
3. Snap photos and post for the TBN'ers
4. Crack open a Rolling Rock and ponder the beauty of the tractor.

/ Bent Brush Guard on NX #10  
I bent one once and it was on a new tractor. It broke my heart but I bent it back and eventually forgot about the trauma.

Here's the way I look at it now and in the correct order.

1. Bend it back
2. Step back to admire your handy work
3. Snap photos and post for the TBN'ers
4. Crack open a Rolling Rock and ponder the beauty of the tractor.

Except the Rolling Rock I'm with ya.... We drink Bud Lite :thumbsup:

I had to order the plastic for the simple reason that the hole is letting to much debris in and it blocking up the radiators.