Bent bucket wear edge !

/ Bent bucket wear edge ! #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
So much for a nice straight new bolt on wear edge, haven't even used it enough to scratch the paint yet. :) Just thought I'd pass this along so maybe someone else don't have a similar issue. The design of this bar needs a support a lot closer to the ends of the wear edge , this bar is punched at 12" centers so that leaves right at 7" of bar at the ends. Now I just need to decide the best way to add support for my uses, have a few ideas but first I have to remove the edge and use the press to straighten it back out.

Attachments

• image-682253974.jpg
    image-682253974.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 264
   / Bent bucket wear edge ! #2  
Ouch, I hate when that happens.

/ Bent bucket wear edge ! #3  
Ihave a funny feeling about that blade ! Should it not be on the inside .......with the countersunk caps of the bolts into the blade and the nuts under the bucket ?

/ Bent bucket wear edge ! #4  
No, They should be mounted like the above pic so it takes the majority of wear rather than the bucket.

/ Bent bucket wear edge ! #5  
No, They should be mounted like the above pic so it takes the majority of wear rather than the bucket.

I agree it is mounted correctly. I would put a nice gr. 8 bolt in each corner after straightening.

/ Bent bucket wear edge !
Yep a bit aggravating but no big deal to fix. The additional bolt is what I have in mind, or take the easy way out and a few small welds on the edges to the bucket. Still be easy to cut welds lose if I ever needed to remove the bar to turn it around or replace.

/ Bent bucket wear edge ! #7  
Yep a bit aggravating but no big deal to fix. The additional bolt is what I have in mind, or take the easy way out and a few small welds on the edges to the bucket. Still be easy to cut welds lose if I ever needed to remove the bar to turn it around or replace.

I though about some welds too, but did not know if you would want to do that. You could even weld it right now without taking it off to straighten it.. just get a big clamp and start cranking on it, and fire up the "spark machine" and have at it.

/ Bent bucket wear edge !
Yeah I don't care to weld it , won't hurt a thing. I'll throw a clamp on it and see how it pulls up before taking it off.

/ Bent bucket wear edge ! #9  
Yeah I don't care to weld it , won't hurt a thing. I'll throw a clamp on it and see how it pulls up before taking it off.

Take a wire wheel to all the edges you are going to weld first before you see if the clamp will pull it up flush. Make some sparks.