BERCO snow blower lift?

/ BERCO snow blower lift? #2  
56" Berco Front Mount Snowblower - Bercomac

The literature suggests that the lift mechanism uses the pto input,

Has anyone observed the working of the mechanism? and can report how it all works?

TIA

From the image on their web site I see a hydraulic cylinder.
It would be powered from a rear remote hydraulic outlet.
pS10Ah2.jpg

Their literature is misleading but note they use the word Hydraulic.

Dave M7040

/ BERCO snow blower lift? #3  
With all that steel there they certainly could make it easier to use a 12 volt warn winch to lift and lower it by just using a piece of 4 inch by 3/4 plate steel used as an upright mount and mounting the winch vertically with a second pulley to guide the cable to the lifting point.

It would certainly simplify the lifting mechanism and also eliminate the need for a hydraulic hose that could be ripped out by an errant piece of ice or a limb that became dislodged.

A 12volt wire winch could be used to lift a Riest Single stage snow blower in the same manner and considerably reduce the cost of a front mount Reist single stage installation on a 4 wheel drive mule with a Mid Mount or rear PTO set up with a longer propeller shaft and cost even less with an engine mounted on the Riest Series 1000 single stage snow thrower with a wider width of cut being 54 to 72 inches wide using a 13 inch snow blower rotor.

The winch would not care what the weight is as long as a proper pulley set up is used with one or two pulleys to guide the winch cable to a central mounting eye or chain connection.

A V twin engine mounted in a center mounting frame would easily power the 540 RPM gearbox with a chain or Belt drive that was protected with a steel cover that was hinged to aid in inspecting and lubricating the roller chain and chain drive in front of the engine.

/ BERCO snow blower lift? #4  
I have the Mahindra blower, but it's a Bercomac. Mine uses hydraulic, but the snowblower frame has a bar that goes back to the rear of my tractor and connects to where my draw bar would go in. Maybe what they are referring to is that you don't need that bar and it pivots off of the PTO shaft?

/ BERCO snow blower lift? #5  
You know, you can email or call them. They actually have folks that speak english, even if it might have a french accent. I have emailed them and gotten answers from them in the past, too. Good company, good blowers.... :) I have a Bercomac 6' blade and a 78" Bercomac blower. Both required the subframe that transmits most forward/reaward blows to the draw bar. Both have hyd cyl's in the front for lift. Mine are run off the FEL hyd outlets, but could just as easily be run off the rear hyd outlet, if you have one....

They will assist you in getting the correct subframe/drive shaft kit/blower to fit your tractor. I think the 'PTO lift thing' is a misprint. Erskine also makes a fine blower that is driven by your rear PTO with a hyd lift. They recently redesigned them a couple winters ago.

Last edited:
   / BERCO snow blower lift? #6  
This is very similar to the front mount Kubota mechanism, which I have, and I can tell you how that works. I don't think their literature is intentionally misleading, might be translated? In any case that hitch does act as a pass-through for the mid-PTO. My guess is thats what they are referring to. On the Kubota, the loader valves are hooked up. Forward and backward on the loader valve handle will raise and lower the blower off the ground (like a plow blade.) With the hydraulic chute controls (that costs extra) then left and right on the loader valve handle will rotate the chute. Changing the deflector angle is handled with third function switch, which is right on the loader valve handle and its implemented with a diverter that is mounted on the blower itself. The switch of course is electric and there is a solenoid for the diverter. Now of course all that is for Kubota but from what I can tell in the pictures this seems to work the same exact way. But like JerryK says, you can call or email and ask I am sure they will share the info.

/ BERCO snow blower lift? #8  
Don't know how it mounts on your tractor, but if you purchase a Berco snow blower, I think you will love it. I have one for my JD X758 GT and it is one terrific snow blower. :)