Beretta 92

/ Beretta 92 #11  
Back when Beretta got the contract to supply the U.S. military and became the M9, it won primarily on cost which amounted to several dollars per weapon less than the Sig Sauer P226. That being said, even the military required to carry the M9 aren't crazy about it. Special Forces units that are allowed to carry non standard issue weapons either carry Sigs or custom 1911 pistols.

.... As far as a weapon I'd stake my life on, I'd go with a Sig or Glock.

Agreed. The Beretta is probably a nice plinker.

/ Beretta 92 #12  
I have a 92 in stainless and wood grips. It is an absolute beauty and a pleasure to shoot. Most assuredly, one of my favorite guns to shoot. Deadly accurate and easy to take down. But, it is a 9mm, and I much prefer to carry a 45. Any way, you will certainly enjoy the gun.

/ Beretta 92 #13  
I have a 92F. I think it is the best pistol I've owned.

/ Beretta 92 #14  
I've owned the same 92 since the US military first adopted it for use. Never had a problem with it and would buy it again if I needed it. The ammunition has evolved over the years and I know some federal law enforcement agencies are moving back to the 9mm. I've shot numerous 9mm pistols & the Beretta 92 is definitely one of my favorites. I like the size & the double/single action. I also like the ability to cock it & shoot it single action and the decocking is a plus for me.

/ Beretta 92 #15  
Agreed. The Beretta is probably a nice plinker.

I also agree.

I am a 1911 guy, but I own several 9MM's one of which is the 92. It is one of my least favorite of the 9's.

The big argument I hear is which is better the 1911 or the Glock. I never hear which is better the 92 or...

And it is bigger than my 1911's

/ Beretta 92 #17  
"least favorite???

Was that a mistake?

No, If it works I like it...on the favorites list.

If it is a PITA... It is on the hate it list.
I had an SR9 I hated due to the slide release taking 2 hands.
I had a 1911 I hated due to frequent jams.

You get the idea.

/ Beretta 92 #18  
I bought a 92 4-5 years ago, I don't fire it near enough, but when I was shopping I test fired over 12 guns, and I chose the 92
Just felt good firing it and seemed I could be the most accurate with it over the other close completion.

/ Beretta 92
Thanks to everyone for your comments, both good and bad.
I will be at the gun show this weekend, and will wrap this transaction up by the middle of the month.
The important thing is to get this and some other firearm investments made before the election.

/ Beretta 92 #20  
Yea, I should probably consider buying another gun or two before the election as well...........