Best Bass out of my pond so far

/ Best Bass out of my pond so far #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
For the last five years or so, the biggest bass that's been caught in my pond has been 5 pounds. We catch one pound bass over and over again and sometimes get a 2 pound fish, but that's about it.

After my wife went through Chemo for her colon cancer, she has been very sensitive to the heat, so we don't fish very often in the summer. Temps are much nicer now, so she wants to go fishing again. This was on her second cast!!! 7 1/2 pounds that put on an amazing fight that really tested her. After the pictures, we let her go back in the pond to grow even bigger!!!

sevenandahalfpoundsoctober2019.jpg

/ Best Bass out of my pond so far #2  
Very nice fish, we have some big ones in our pond, but I haven't seen anything that big, congratulations.

/ Best Bass out of my pond so far #3  
Damnmmmm Eddie, that's a nice fish . . . I like the 2# best for a pan fry . . . :licking:

/ Best Bass out of my pond so far #4  
Nice fish! It must have put up one heck of a fight.
That must be one of the five pounders which she let go before starting her treatments.

/ Best Bass out of my pond so far #5  
Nice bass for sure ! :thumbsup: Did she get it on a plastic/rubber worm ? My favorite is 7 1/2 " Culprit in purple or black .

/ Best Bass out of my pond so far #6  
Nice fish! How big and deep is your pond?

/ Best Bass out of my pond so far #7  
I am envious! The largest bass I've ever caught was about 3.5 pounds.

/ Best Bass out of my pond so far #8  
Nice fish,congrats to your wife..She deserves it..

/ Best Bass out of my pond so far #9  
WOW ! Nice Fish. I love Bass fishing, they really put up a good fight.

/ Best Bass out of my pond so far #10  
Very nice! Glad to hear you and momma Walker are injoying this weather. Bend the barbs down on some top waters and have yourselves a ball. We had perch in some ponds not far from you that hit poppers and flies trailing a couple of feet behind Chugger top waters. Try it some time if things are slow.