Best fuel additives

/ Best fuel additives
Just make sure the fuel is fresh and put in a container that is clean and free of water. Most of the issues that people use additives for are an attempt to remedy one of more of those issues, or an attempt to fix a starting or running problem on the tractor that isn't related to the fuel itself (such as worn rings, worn seals/gaskets, a worn or out of time injection pump, worn/defective injectors, worn battery, worn starter, corroded or loose battery cables, worn/defective glow plugs, etc.)

Modern diesel fuel is different from previous diesel fuel. Since 2010 all diesel fuel, including off-road (red) diesel is ultra-low sulfur diesel with less than 15 ppm sulfur. Red diesel is simply on-road (clear) diesel with a red dye to mark that you didn't pay road fuel tax on it. From 1993 to 2010, there were different allowable sulfur levels in on-road vs. off-road diesel, but not since then. Sulfur in on-road used to be as high as 5000 ppm in 1992, in 1993 that was lowered to <500 ppm, and in 2007 it was lowered to the current standard of <15 ppm. Off-road was limited to <3000 ppm in 1993, <500 ppm in 2006, and <15 ppm in 2010. Diesel fuel must meet certain ASTM lubricity standards to be sold as diesel fuel and ULSD is no exception. ULSD does require additives to meet this that regular diesel did not, but those additives are added prior to the fuel being sold, the user of the fuel doesn't need to add anything to the fuel for it to meet specs.
My truck and tractor both run smoother on an additive

/ Best fuel additives #62  
They put a stick in your tank and it will show if it red or not
Actually the Feds use a clear hose with a squeeze bulb on the end and suck some out. If it's red your bank account is also in the red as I've heard first offense is $1000.00

/ Best fuel additives #64  
When it red died fuel it will also stain the fuel water separator so authorities will know if you have used it in on-road application.

/ Best fuel additives
Actually the Feds use a clear hose with a squeeze bulb on the end and suck some out. If it's red your bank account is also in the red as I've heard first offense is $1000.00
Way too big of a fine for something like that

/ Best fuel additives #66  
Way too big of a fine for something like that
That is the fine for the first offense. Repeat offenses, the fine goes up, way up. They like to 'swoop' down on things like farm auctions and sales where farm trucks are concentrated. They'd have a hell of a time getting in mine as the fuel caps I have are locking fuel caps. Now my bed tank will always have ORD in it but it's not in any way plumbed to the truck. It too has a locking fuel cap. Least I don't have to worry about some clown sawing off my catalytic convertor. my truck don't have one anyway and if you can get under my car to saw it off, more power to you. You cannot even get your head under it. Low to the ground.

/ Best fuel additives #67  
when it comes to additives, people have to realize there are additives in the fuel from the terminal. Lubricity, anti gel, Cetane, rust inhibitors etc.
The oil companies don't want a bunch of toasted injection pumps to be blamed on their fuel.

This is from Exxon but I think all fuel in the USA is treated

Lubricity is covered under astm D975 wich cost money to view
Here is a synopsis of it
And here are the base standards in the pipeline

/ Best fuel additives #69  
Borate is borate. Grind it up finer for "nano" particles. Stir well into your diesel and naptha mix.

FYI it's the same crap I've seen being sold in the drug store in the "alternative healthcare" isle in tiny little glass bottles for $20. At least at the grocery store you get a 5 lbs box for $5.00.

Magic foo foo dust

And before you get you knickers in a knot, look at the bag of shredded cheese in your refrigerator. One of the ingredients added is "silicon dioxide" used to keep the cheese shreds from sticking. It's common name is SAND.
I don't wear knickers so no knot. I do what I do and you can do what you do. My dime and respectively yours too.

/ Best fuel additives #70  
I was pulled over in Oregon by osp when I was hauling some Yanmars to Washington.
The tested my fuel tank with a long stiff wire like rod that had a cloth cotton ball on the end.
It came out clear or light green and all were happy.

I asked the cop if had something better to do than pull over folks to check their fuel when he just spun around and left.
I yelled at him that this wasn't Russia.