Best handheld gas blower ?

/ Best handheld gas blower ? #1  

bmg88201

Gold Member
Tractor
JD X300
I am shopping for a handheld gas blower, I’ve been looking at the Echo PB2620 and the Stihl BG86. I like Echo stuff a lot but was wanting opinions and or advice on a good handheld gas blower. I am not a fan of Husky products cause their customer service sucks big time so I haven’t considered one of their blowers. I welcome anyone’s experience they want to share.

/ Best handheld gas blower ? #2  
Echo, the carburetor’s are not inside the motor like many and are easy to service. Had a repair man tell me he works on a lot of blowers but not many echo’s.

/ Best handheld gas blower ?
Thanks for the input, I am kinda leaning that way anyway but wanted other’s opinions. I’m sold on Echo trimmers but never had a gas blower before so I was unsure of what to get.

/ Best handheld gas blower ? #4  
I was looking into blower’s last year. Bought an echo and starts on the first pull even in the winter blowing out my pole barn.

/ Best handheld gas blower ? #5  
I've got a lot of hours (10 years worth) on my Stihl BG86 and it works well for me. Usually takes 3 pulls for cold start but starts then and runs great.....just using routine maintenance.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Best handheld gas blower ? #6  
I’m generally a fan of Echo and own several of their products. However, my less than one year old PB2620 has been nothing but trouble and I regret purchasing it.

My experience might be due to one bad unit or representative of a larger issue, I don’t have any way of knowing. However, since day one it has started right up but runs terrible until warm. After warming up the engine is inconsistent. Sometimes it over revs but most often it struggles to hold rpm’s and either sputters a bit or revs up and down.

Echo tech support was no help and misled me when I reached out the first week I owned it by telling me to wait a few more weeks to see if the issue resolved.

When it didn’t get better, they advised that the issue was likely carb related, and that they won’t cover it now because more than 30 days had elapsed (even though they were the ones that made me wait)

I spoke to a local mechanic who advised me to remove the spark arrestor and that helped a little, but at some point I’ll have to have a new carb put on at my own expense. So, while I still prefer echo trimmers, I won’t buy another Echo blower again.

By contrast my Stihl BR800 is a beast and very reliable and I can see myself buying the BG86 in the near future.

Last edited:
   / Best handheld gas blower ? #7  
I've got a small echo gas blower (ES250) I have had for several years. Never had an issue with it.
I can't comment on how well their newer products are

/ Best handheld gas blower ?
Thanks for all the input. I do have a Redmax dealer 3 miles from the house. Anybody have experience, good or bad with Redmax ?