Best inexpensive tool cabinet?

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Title says it all for the most part., I'm in the market for a tool cabinet to get organized.

I have a mixture of small hand tools and power tools and would love to be able to store everything in a uniform setup that saves spaces and keeps things organized.

I currently have open shelving that I'm not very good with... I need drawers and some closing door cabinets for things like worm saws or my little welder.

I've seen tool cabinets all over the place, and some seem to be of pretty decent quality for the price. Then there are built in setups too, maybe a possibility in addition to a rolling cabinet.

What tool cabinet and shop organization setup do you have and would you buy it again?

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #2  

Attachments

• 20210405_110237.jpg
    20210405_110237.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 342
For the man who has everything....

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #3  
Seriously, looks on Craigslist or ebay; some old dude who died, you'll find a nice used set. Best bang for the buck.

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #4  
Harbor Freight WAS the best bang for the buck, but they are trying to go upscale,

I've several images I'd like to attach but pulling them out of this new system is painful.

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #5  
I second Harbor Freight, great cabinets for the money.
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0127.JPG

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #6  
I have been very impressed by the Home Depot Husky brand tool cabinets. They are well priced, midgrade, with fully supported ball bearing drawers and have many different configurations and sizes. Some also have built-in power strips which I find very convenient.

I own the 46” and 52” 9 drawer versions and really like the full width top drawer!

Last edited:
   / Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #7  
Like Subie,

I like the HD stuff and bought two cabinets with wood tops on sale last fall for my new reloading room. IIRC both were $550...unbeatable deal...cheaper than HF.

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #8  
Most harbor freight stuff sucks, but their us general tool cabinets and rolling cabinets are top notch. I have 3 of them now. Amazing quality for the money

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #10  
Title says it all for the most part., I'm in the market for a tool cabinet to get organized.

I have a mixture of small hand tools and power tools and would love to be able to store everything in a uniform setup that saves spaces and keeps things organized.

I currently have open shelving that I'm not very good with... I need drawers and some closing door cabinets for things like worm saws or my little welder.

I've seen tool cabinets all over the place, and some seem to be of pretty decent quality for the price. Then there are built in setups too, maybe a possibility in addition to a rolling cabinet.

What tool cabinet and shop organization setup do you have and would you buy it again?
" a tool cabinet to get organized" ?
Is that all it takes to get "organized"?
Wish someone had explained that when I was 20, ...... about 60 years ago.