Best inexpensive tool cabinet?

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty
Most harbor freight stuff sucks, but their us general tool cabinets and rolling cabinets are top notch. I have 3 of them now. Amazing quality for the money
I completely agree with the HF....US General recommendation.
Most bang for the buck!
They always have a sale, but watch for the best one!

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Can you eliminate some of the tools? :D

50-cal-can.jpg

Bruce

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5610 G Bobcat V417 TORO+Loader
-------------------------------------------

I've several images I'd like to attach but pulling them out of this new system is painful.
You must not be on a computer.

The new system is so easy and resizes the humongous cell phone pictures.

RustyA

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 40 Cab
US General here too. Very nice ball bearing slide drawers. Upper cabinet hold hand tools, lower cabinet has larger drawers that hold smaller power tools like Dremel, drills, router. Built a shelf under 1/2 of workbench for circular saws and bulkier tools.

wolc123

Veteran Member
I garbage picked this one which I use for my portable power tools. It even has a light inside that works if I plug it in. "Free" is always good. I like the glass front, so I can see what I need and if it is there.
Gas chainsaws go on top, drills on the top shelf inside, curve cut electric saws on the middle shelf, straight cut electric saws on the lower shelf, and sanders, sand sandpaper and supporting equipment, manuals, etc in the drawers.
20200606_151211.jpg

Last edited:

JethroB

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460 HST
I garbage picked this one which I use for my portable power tools. It even has a light inside that works if I plug it in. "Free" is always good. I like the glass front, so I can see what I need and if it is there.
Gas chainsaws go on top, drills on the top shelf inside, curve cut electric saws on the middle shelf, straight cut electric saws on the lower shelf, and sanders, sand sandpaper and supporting equipment, manuals, etc in the drawers.
View attachment 698695
Good idea! It can be difficult to give old formal furniture away. We learned that after my mom passed.

OP
Muhammad

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Tractor
None currently
" a tool cabinet to get organized" ?
Is that all it takes to get "organized"?
Wish someone had explained that when I was 20, ...... about 60 years ago.
Motivation.

fried1765

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, 8N Ford, Gravely 12 HP "Professional", 48" SCAG Liberty

Deere Dude

Elite Member
Beaver Dam Wisconsin then to Hohenwald, TN
Tractor
John Deere 3720
I would pick a wall and get a HF stack or two and the rest of the wall I would load up with heavy duty kitchen bases. Get some overhead cabinets to match.
You would have a 24" work base that way to work on using a Formica top..
That would give you a place for sockets and hand wrenches etc. and a place for chainsaws and larger items.