Cost of living
Crime
Culture
Health care quality
Taxes
Weather
Well being ( how happy there)

/ Best places to retire 2018
Actually MD and NM tied for 48. I can go anywhere but NY and still be better off...

/ Best places to retire 2018 #3  
While I don't have a lot of experience in Arkansas, I'm shocked that it's number 46. I know a lot of people that have moved from Texas to there, and from what I've seen, they found a really great state to live in. Most are in the mountains, but a few are in the Southern part of the state near the Mississippi River, which is really nice too. If I sell my place, Arkansas is near the top of my list of places to consider moving to.

/ Best places to retire 2018 #5  
Didn't make the list:
retire.jpg

/ Best places to retire 2018 #6  
We sure have a lot of retirees coming to Oklahoma. In the last 50 years, the population has increased from about 1 million to 4 million.

/ Best places to retire 2018 #7  
Hopefully the retirees stay out of Kansas, nothing to see here folks, keep moving.

/ Best places to retire 2018 #8  
These lists are really not accurate because everyone's lifestyles are different. Some people have lots of money while some don't. Some are spenders while some don't. Some are very independent while others depend greatly on others. Some have investments while others don't. ETC.......

/ Best places to retire 2018 #9  
Maryland has some really nice areas. DC suburbs and Baltimore? No. But other areas can be very nice and rural.

/ Best places to retire 2018
While I don't have a lot of experience in Arkansas, I'm shocked that it's number 46. I know a lot of people that have moved from Texas to there, and from what I've seen, they found a really great state to live in. Most are in the mountains, but a few are in the Southern part of the state near the Mississippi River, which is really nice too. If I sell my place, Arkansas is near the top of my list of places to consider moving to.
AR rated last in healthcare and cultural, and 47th in crime. CA is 45. Hi ::) taxes and high cost of living. TX is 17.