Best sites to find and buy a trailer?

/ Best sites to find and buy a trailer? #1  

Doug62

Silver Member
Tractor
new
I'm looking for a trailer that is a bit larger than my Big Tex 70 PI. I want to be able to haul my tractor and bush hog without having to load the bush hog in the bed of the truck. Not a fun experience.

The trailer I have currently is 18 feet so I'm thinking a 14K capacity 22 foot trailer would be sufficient. I've been to some of the manufacturing sites online but most just redirect you to a dealer. I'm not looking to travel a long way to pick it up so I want something that can be shipped to a terminal nearby or something within 200 miles or less.

What are your recommedations for finding a trailer for a good price? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

/ Best sites to find and buy a trailer? #2  
Most dealer are short on supply. The trailer prices are high because of the lack of materials. If you can wait out the pandemic I would. How long is your tractor and mower?

My Big Tex has about 200,000 miles on it and it worn out. I had a Moritz and put 400,000 miles on it after I bought it used. I loved that trailer. I got rear ended twice and after some time the welds began to fail. So I sold it and showed the man the damage. He wanted it anyway.

/ Best sites to find and buy a trailer? #3  
I have a PJ model TF 22' 14K trailer. Mine is a full tilting bed and very easy to load my tractor with bush hog or any implement I choose. Full tilt angle is only about 12 degrees and no ramps to deal with. Tilt models are more money than non tilt. Tilt adds about 2000-2500 to the price. They have other models that don't tilt and do use ramps. I called my local dealers to see who had one and found one at a dealer about 50 miles from home. I paid close to 7K for mine incl. sales tax but non tilts should be in the 4-5K range. My 22'er is actually 23'9" due to the knife edge at the back. Dealer supplies (in stock) units may be scarce right now due to the pandemic but it doesn't hurt to call around.

Attachments

• PJ2.JPG
    PJ2.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN1539 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1539 (Large).JPG
    569.4 KB · Views: 124
   / Best sites to find and buy a trailer? #4  
   / Best sites to find and buy a trailer?
I have to measure but I'd say roughly 20 feet. My trailer now has a gate that swings up so you can't overhang it even slightly. It might be 3 years old tops, and looks like new.

/ Best sites to find and buy a trailer? #6  
Trailers are running a multiple month delay now. Used would be the best bet to get something quick.

/ Best sites to find and buy a trailer? #7  
I have to measure but I'd say roughly 20 feet. My trailer now has a gate that swings up so you can't overhang it even slightly. It might be 3 years old tops, and looks like new.

Remove the tailgate and buy some ramps. Or back the tractor onto the trailer.