Best uses for chlorinated brake cleaners

/ Best uses for chlorinated brake cleaners #11  
Around here,techs buy non-chlorinated brake cleaner 4-5x more often than chlorinated stuff.

/ Best uses for chlorinated brake cleaners #12  
Allegedly one of the best uses for brake cleaner is for killing wasps and hornets.

/ Best uses for chlorinated brake cleaners #13  
Some of the non chlorinated stuff is simply acetone. As are quite a few carb cleaners.

ITs cheaper to just buy acetone by the gallon but you don't get the convince of a aerosol spray.

Gotta watch paint and plastics.

/ Best uses for chlorinated brake cleaners #14  
Some of the non chlorinated stuff is simply acetone. As are quite a few carb cleaners.

ITs cheaper to just buy acetone by the gallon but you don't get the convince of a aerosol spray.

Gotta watch paint and plastics.
I have never found acetone in anything other than in a listed can or in nail polish. It evaporates very quickly and is very flammable unlike Brakcleen

/ Best uses for chlorinated brake cleaners
Allegedly one of the best uses for brake cleaner is for killing wasps and hornets.
The chlorinated hydrocarbon type brake cleaners do indeed kill wasps fast. Drops them right out of the air.
Eric

/ Best uses for chlorinated brake cleaners #16  
   / Best uses for chlorinated brake cleaners #18  
They should not be used to clean any type of aluminum alloy because they attack aluminum and its alloys.

That has been my understanding also but yet I see Youtube videos recommending it to clean aluminum brake calipers.

/ Best uses for chlorinated brake cleaners
They should not be used to clean any type of aluminum alloy because they attack aluminum and its alloys.

That has been my understanding also but yet I see Youtube videos recommending it to clean aluminum brake calipers.
If the calipers are bare aluminum then they shouldn't be using chlorinated brake cleaner. I don't know if anodized aluminum is resistant to chlorinated hydrocarbons. But really, YouTube? I see all sorts of stuff on YouTube that is wrong.
Eric

/ Best uses for chlorinated brake cleaners #20  
What exactly happens to the aluminum when chlorinated brake cleaner is used? It would seem that the brake cleaner, since it dries quickly, would have little chance of attacking the aluminum.

Anyone have insight to this issue?