Better way to gas up?

/ Better way to gas up? #1  

fatjay

Veteran Member
Tractor
Not enough
It's a bit exhausting and time consuming to refill my gas things. I have a 20gal tank on the backhow, 10gal on the skidsteer, 15gal on the ferguson. I keep all my tanks full because bad gas is cheaper than the issues tank rust causes. They're not exactly things I can take to the pump either, but filling up 4x 5gal jugs and making multiple trips is annoying. Aside from replacing everything with diesel, any suggestions?

/ Better way to gas up? #2  
Have a fuel supplier stop by every so often to fill the equipment? If you are not using the equipment much, hopefully, you are using pure gas (E0) with Sta-bil and a algaecide in the diesel fuel.

/ Better way to gas up?
The longest stretch that I don't use a machine is 6-8 months. I always use sta-bil though, and very rarely have fuel related issues. For diesel I have a 55gal drum on a pallet, take it up to the fuel place and fill it up so I don't have to pay road tax, dump in some diesel kleen as well. For gas though I'll go out and fill the tanks, then bam, they're empty again. Only my 2 kubota's are diesel, the other 5 are gas.

/ Better way to gas up? #4  
I started with a 55 gallon drum strapped to a pallet & a manual pump. Despite being out in the country I have gas station that has off-road diesel a mile away, so I didnt feel to guilty about 5 minutes on the road with that setup.

I then ended up with a 300 gallon tank on a stand in the barn. Get that (and the 55 gallon on the pallet as well as every other tank) filled anually or so. I generally do it in the fall or winter to avoid issues with gelling fuel no matter when I use the fuel. Drop in some Power Service white bottle & some biocide to keep the fuel clean & in good shape.

I then got a 35ish gallon aluminum truck bed tank & 12v pump. It's like one of the big L shaped ones you see under the toolbox on farm trucks only a smaller rectangle & no foot. Enough to fill the tractor a little over twice. Was using it exclusively & filling it at gas stations when I was to lazy to call to fill the big tank. North of $600 for that setup though if I recall.

You could get an old semi tank & strap it to a pallet for a better setup than the drum that's still removable.

/ Better way to gas up? #5  
It's a bit exhausting and time consuming to refill my gas things. I have a 20gal tank on the backhow, 10gal on the skidsteer, 15gal on the ferguson. I keep all my tanks full because bad gas is cheaper than the issues tank rust causes. They're not exactly things I can take to the pump either, but filling up 4x 5gal jugs and making multiple trips is annoying. Aside from replacing everything with diesel, any suggestions?

I just made this in the last couple of months. Scored the gasoline rated 50 gallon transfer tank from Amazon as 'used', which I'd never seen before. It was an unused return I'm sure, but saved $180. Made the cart and wanted a manual pump. Pump takes 5 pumps per gallon (measured), which I can live with for my application. I only fill the Eldorado enough to get to the local non-ethanol gas station. I live in earthquake country and my 12 kw Generac propane generator (2004 era) is a piece of junk. So I purchased a 7 kw gasoline unit to 'backup my backup'. I also have 76 Eldorado and several motorcycles that I only fuel with non-ethanol gasoline, so it works out well. For what it's worth, Toukow

Attachments

• IMG_3021.JPG
    IMG_3021.JPG
    440.7 KB · Views: 190
   / Better way to gas up? #6  

They have gasoline rated tanks and gasoline rated pumps, just rig you up a fuel transfer tank for unleaded.

I did a half/half setup on a small trailer - works well.fuel trailer (1).jpgfuel trailer (2).jpg

/ Better way to gas up? #7  
I just built this this week. 50 gallons, homemade pallet to fit the tank, 15GPM pump run off a battery. Makes me wonder why I didn't do this years ago. Fill ups now are a dream. Pull uo pump the fuel in less than two minutes done. Plus the red diesel is half the price of #2 that I have been buying

IMG_0141.jpg
IMG_0142.jpg

/ Better way to gas up? #8  
   / Better way to gas up? #10  
Shouldn't that yellow tank actually be painted green?

Yellow is pretty standard for diesel storage. If it wasn’t idiot proof enough already some stenciled letters would fix the problem.