Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#4,861  
I saw your other thread on WW about it. I didn't realize you purchased it. Since you said it was in a movie and your friend does all those props for movies, i figured it was his. My bad. That is pretty cool. Be sure you figure out all the shift levers before you need them!

I see the confusion.

As it turns out my friend in the movie biz wasn’t any help at all. I am relatively certain my charming demeanour won over the lady on Facebook that was thinking of selling it.

#4,862  
My Scout was missing the front license plate bracket so I bent up a new one today out of 1/8" plate ...

IMG_7290.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg

IMG_7293.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,863  
Interesting jig for bending. Do you have closer pictures of both halves? I might like to copy that since I have a press myself.

And nice job on the part.

Thanks,
Rob

#4,864  
Thanks, Rob!

The bottoms are press brake dies and the top is home made as depicted.

IMG_7294.jpg

IMG_7295.jpg

IMG_7296.jpg

Swag Off Road finger brake...
IMG_7297.jpg

other miscellaneous home made dies....
IMG_7298.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,865  
Beefy!! Thanks for the pics.

#4,866  
I found this nice large ball peen hammer on the weekend.

3 pounds 4 ounces with the handle. Made in Canada by Gray Tools.

IMG_7314.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,867  
You call that "large"? Let me introduce you to my cousin Paul; Paul Bunyan.

BTW, I do have a 5# (approx 2.27 kg but it appears you don't need that info) sledge with a "one hand" handle... No idea the maker but it may well be on there as it's got to be 40+ years old. I will have to take a look next time I remember. Which may be never...

#4,868  

BTW, I do have a 5# (approx 2.27 kg but it appears you don't need that info) sledge with a "one hand" handle... No idea the maker but it may well be on there as it's got to be 40+ years old. I will have to take a look next time I remember. Which may be never...

LOL. 3 pound (48 ounce) is pretty much the largest ball peen hammer I've come
across.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,869  
Dang you, I had a Paul Bunyan response ready but you beat me to it. 😤😤

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,870  
Can't say that I've ever seen a ball peen hammer larger than 3lbs ..... but could very easily see the use for a single handed 5lb sledge.

Used a 4lb engineer's hammer to adjust the location of the gangs on my disk harrow (just a small 20 pan disk) when I first got it .... needed one hand to hold the sacrificial piece of wood, and the other to swing the hammer. It worked well enough, but a heavier hammer (with a single-handed handle length) would have been a bit more helpful. The 2lb dead blow mallet I initially tried turned out to be rather futile, hence the resorting to the 4lb engineer's hammer & a 2x4.

....am almost tempted to buy one of the 10lb sledges with with a 16" handle I just found on McMaster-Carr (was looking to see if I could find a ball peen heavier than 3lbs).

Hey, sometimes some things just need to be "persuaded" with a heavier hammer 😇 😁

(btw I did find a 50oz dead blow ball peen here: Trusty Cook TC50BP 50 oz Ball Peen Dead Blow Hammer )