Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,892  
I have a slightly smaller doubled ended version of that on my porch... haven't used it but have been meaning to clean it up :)

I'm nearly more intrigued in why there are sheet metal screws holding a cardboard box together... I mean I'm a redneck and will do what it takes to get something done but I don't think I've ever screwed cardboard together...

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop
#4,893  
I have a slightly smaller doubled ended version of that on my porch... haven't used it but have been meaning to clean it up :)

I'm nearly more intrigued in why there are sheet metal screws holding a cardboard box together... I mean I'm a redneck and will do what it takes to get something done but I don't think I've ever screwed cardboard together...

Goes to show you how observant I am.

I didn't even notice the sheet metal screws. I just went back to the shop and dug the cardboard box out of the trash

IMG_8224.jpg

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,894  
Ah Geez Louise, how embarrassing. Sheet metal screws? really! wood screws would have been much better.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,895  
Today, it would have been called a Pac Man wrench.

Very nice. Was it an auction, or on Marketplace?

#4,896  
Today, it would have been called a Pac Man wrench.

Very nice. Was it an auction, or on Marketplace?

Usedvictoria. Similar to Craigslist.

/ Big Barn’s Retirement Farm Shop #4,897  
Many S-M screws have a flange or a captured washer. Looks like they worked. I'd have guessed yard sale at the price. close enough?

btw, I found a website that made me think of Terry right away. Some guys are just that good with metal. :)

#4,898  
I found these two oil cans for sale Saturday.

An Eagle click bottom in new shape and an Australian Rega.

IMG_8344.jpg

I now have two of the Regas...

IMG_8352.jpg

Some background:

The Rega oiler was standard equipment with the QF 25 PDR field gun. Also used with 2 PDR and 6 PDR field guns. This can held 1/2 pint of lubricating oil and has a thumb operated pressure pump incorporated in the design. The can is made of galvanised steel plate and is lead soldered. Used throughout World War 2 and into the 1960s when the 25 PDR was phased out of service.

#4,900  
And you find all these wonderful treasures searching from your phone??? I recall you said you didn't have a computer.

Affirmative