Big Boomers

/ Big Boomers #1  

Hawgee

Silver Member
Tractor
64 MF Utility 35 retired to parts pile.
Now I see what the hydro fella's are talking about!!!
Drove 420 miles saturday to drive a TC45D. Crossed over to another state with no sales tax. I think he is pricing it @ what I would pay here in Washington state WITH tax.
TC35D (hydro) with 16LA loader and calcium in R4's......$21,706.00
TC40D " " " " " ......$23,126.00
TC45D " " " " " .......$25,058.00
I was happy to see the two toe pedals on right for the foward and back on the hydro. Brake on the left. This one I drove had everything. Electric switch on joy stick and right panel for fast and slow speeds. Cruise control switch was also on right side. Did notice this one to have temp gauge where the less expensive gear model did not. The dealer is in a rural area where he still sells the big boys but also has allot of yellow construction customers. Phil was absolutly a great salesman in that he left a birthday gal waiting to stay with me and dicuss this new model. This dealership would go a long ways to keep a buyer happy. It was in the air.
Today I find out the local dealer (26 miles) will have a 2) TC40's with 12 by 12 and shuttle in 2 weeks. Told him the hydro was an absolute dream to drive. Your talking to a gear nut but the 2 pedals versus the rocker IS better. This local man is heavy into the consruction equipment but still does some rural people.
The compund linkage on the bucket roll is a bonus. (like the Kubota L35)
Ok you guys and ladies, I know I will see a cheaper price on the local gear model but tell me what you think. I could be arm wrestled into a hydro.

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ Big Boomers #2  
I wouldn't try to talk you into anything; if you like the gears, that's what you ought to buy, but I sure am glad I have a hydro instead of gears./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif And you're excited about features like two toe pedals for forward and back instead of the heel and toe, and having a brake on the left. Thank goodness, my Kubota ain't built like that! But that's the reason they sell different designs; different strokes for different folks./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Big Boomers #3  
Bird - Agreed, all 'round. I've tried to use the two pedal system a couple times. I hated it. Kept going the backwards when I wanted to forwards and vice-versa. Maybe Kubota's are for the uncoordinated. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

But I am glad I don't have to mess with gears anymore. I really think it just about doubled my productivity.

Mark

/ Big Boomers #4  
It depends on what type of work your going to do with your tractor. Alot of loader or grade work the hydro is the way to go amazing how much quicker it is.
They really have improved the hydro system trans over the years I was a stick shift or glide shift but after using the hydro for a couple of days I believe my next tractor will have a hydro. The draw back is brake steering but everything is a trade off so to speak.
Gordon

/ Big Boomers #5  
Now Hawgee, don't let Brady Jennings find out you've been crossing state borders to look at non-Kubota tractors! I must ask, what has driven you to blue from being part of the 'orange owners to be' club, and part of one of my favorite threads of all time, 'Kubota wish list' way back when...? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif

/ Big Boomers
/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif I thought I could sneek in and out of here without being caught. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Alas, it all boils down to whats left when the tax man is gone and new teeth in the mouth. More horses for the dollar and a few more toys on the back. The big plus is the Significant Other Body (SOB) says she likes blue and I told her that works for me too. I'll remind you that Jamie is 5' and liked the tele wheel and color. She can also be meaner than cat **** when she wants to be. Love does funny things.
The new larger Boomers are more like the older utility models with better creature comforts and hydraulics. Time will tell if these last like the 1920's and larger models.
One last thing might just be for spite. I've got Jay Buenner of the Seattle Mariners right behind me on a new 5200 Green Deere. Just past him is the old Boeing Farm being turned into a golf course and Bud who has worked for them for years is on a 3040 blue New Holland. We'll have Jay in a pickle between us.
The dealer (all New Holland and Ford construction equipment) 26 miles from me said he put a retail order for 2) TC40 with 12 by 12 trannys and R1 tires with 16LA loaders. We had talked about a few items like the deluxe three point and seat for this. He said with the "retail order paper" the tractors get to the dealership quicker!!!! I think he ordered one with supersteer although I don't want it.
This is not a done deal so I'm not true blue yet. As to the hydro, my was it nice to operate. But what do I do with this danged left leg that keeps jumping up and down looking for a pedal?

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ Big Boomers #7  
I thought the left foot was there for the brakes, after all, isn't that where they have them on the DBoomers? Rat...

/ Big Boomers #8  
Muhammad,

He probably doesn't just want to go with the flow for the sake of peer pressure and all you know! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Besides why buy anything else when you can buy from the #1 producer? Here's a quote from the CNH (Case New Holland) website.
"CNH is the number one manufacturer of agricultural tractors and combines in the world, the third largest maker of construction equipment and has one of the largest equipment finance companies in the world."

Oh, in addition, My TC18 was "assembled/built from the ground up" in the USA at a new plant specifically built for compact tractors. So, from a previous post, I now have to say that it definitely IS more American than Kubota!

And while we're on brands, why is your tractor listed as confidential? Do you own something other than a Kubota?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Have fun out there! Go Blue! JimBinMI

"I live in a blue house with a BLUE tractor"

/ Big Boomers #9  
<font color=blue>Besides why buy anything else when you can buy from the #1 producer? Here's a quote from the CNH (Case New Holland) website.
"CNH is the number one manufacturer of agricultural tractors and combines in the world, the third largest maker of construction equipment and has one of the largest equipment finance companies in the world."</font color=blue>

Blah blah blah. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

<font color=blue>Oh, in addition, My TC18 was "assembled/built from the ground up" in the USA at a new plant specifically built for compact tractors. So, from a previous post, I now have to say that it definitely IS more American than Kubota!</font color=blue>

Ok now there's a point, I guess you are right, but your loader isn't any more American than a Kubota loader as we all know!

<font color=blue>And while we're on brands, why is your tractor listed as confidential?</font color=blue>

Have to keep things fair until I have one of each. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif

/ Big Boomers #10  
Well, at least you're getting something! I'll try to sneak one in here, too, and say that I can't give you any reason to not buy the blue one after you explained the reasons. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif