Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #371  
One year increase. It’s nuts and unsustainable
Its also one of the main causes of inflation.
Look at the 2-year increase in fuel costs.
It’s literally a VERTICAL LINE, yet you still deflect!
Dude,,,, fuel prices are crazy high!

1641846461911.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Big Cars are killing Americans #372  
No. That was June of 2021 when you said fuel prices were up 56% from the year before, June of 2020. I pointed out that fuel prices were only up 13 cents from 2019 at the time. For some reason, a lot of people did not like that.

Now let's look at today's fuel prices...

Fuel prices rose more than 50% between 2016 and 2019. Where was the outrage then?

Compare that to the rise of prices between 2019 and today. It's only 16.7%.

View attachment 728701 --------View attachment 728702
Your charts don't support your statement at all on fuel prices. There was no outrage because prices at their highest in 2017-2020 were still averaging $1 per gallon less than 2011-2015 prices. The outrage now is the "hockey stick" increases that seem to be heading back towards the $4 range again.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #373  
One year increase. It’s nuts and unsustainable
Its also one of the main causes of inflation.
Look at the 2-year increase in fuel costs.

View attachment 728704
We've had that discussion before....

You can go back and read it in that link I posted to our past conversation.

I do feel for your situation. I'm able to plan on an hourly wage. You have to plan annually for your business based on projections of commodity prices. I always know what my pay will be in the near future. You don't.

I cannot operate on unknown future wages and enjoy myself, so I won't put myself or my family through that.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #374  
How far back do ice cores go?

My client (Alfred Wegnerer Insitut, Germany) has recovered, and stores in the cold lab back in Germany, nearly 3000 meters of ice core from central Antarctica. The core sample is around 4" in diameter, and stored in hundreds of long styrofoam insulated boxes, all dated and labled end to end. They have been brought back by ship, in a refrigerated container, after a trek from the middle of Antarctica to the coast towed behind PistenBully's (which are more cool than tractors!).

They can tell by the layers in the ice, summer and winter snowfall, so can count the years, they go back many thousands of years. I've been in the -40C cold room lab, where these ice cores are cut, like the most precious planks you can imagine, on a band saw, being very careful to maintain their relative position, and thus date range. Different universities and other organizations arrange to receive "planks" cut from the ice core, some only 1/2" square, by 3000 meters long, for gas and chemical analysis. These scientists are really doing their research with great care and detail, I believe what they tell me!

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #376  
Anyway you slice it, fuel prices rose 50% 2016-2021.

View attachment 728707
Please stop. Honestly. What the hell. You come on here and just cause political chatter, commotion, and stupidity. This went from big cars killing americans to literally climate change and gas prices. Enough is enough i mean seriously. Your not changing my mind and im not changing yours so lets just move on

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #377  
Is true, but a snapshot is confirming independently of our changing weather patterns that there is change.

Ice core gas analysis tells us of the climate composition going back long before weather observations were recorded:

Climate change is real. Man made? Natural cycle? I'm not certain of the proportion, but needless burning of fuel is not helping the situation....
Oh man did you come to the wrong forum. This one here just so happens to be populated by expert climate scientists who have spent their lives doing research on the topic and they formally concluded that it's nonsense and/or a conspiracy. You should probably focus on complaining about how much better things were back in the olden days and why the world today is going to hades.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #378  
Please stop. Honestly. What the hell. You come on here and just cause political chatter, commotion, and stupidity. This went from big cars killing americans to literally climate change and gas prices. Enough is enough i mean seriously. Your not changing my mind and im not changing yours so lets just move on
I thought I was having a conversation with Hay Dude about fuel prices. Last I talked to you, I dropped a cigarette on the floor.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #379  
ZZZ….people have always died in droves yearly behind the wheel and will continue to do so. Has been an accepted risk and level of lethality for a long long time.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #380  
The point is taller vehicles with blunt front ends not only block the driver's view of pedestrians, they inflict more blunt force trauma on human bodies. That's the entire point.
That's like saying some guns are killing people because they shoot bigger bullets.
I drove a Kenworths, Macks, Freightliners, and others and the height of the hood never posed a problem for me in city driving, neither does the height of the hood of my F-250. It really does a disservice to blame an inanimate object for the failings of the operator.