Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning...

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #21  
Trailer thefts are rampant in my area. TN doesn't require they be tagged for personal use, steal trailer scratch off VIN and call it homebuilt. Arkansas requires tags, but are so lenient you can tag anything without being questioned. Scratch off the VIN, call it a homebuilt, and get a permanent tag.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #22  
In calif and Oregon they use trailers to pull up to stores so the shoplifters can walk out and deposit loot easier. No one tries to stop them anyways. Not even cops.

but sorry for the loss. It sucks having something ripped off.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #23  
At the beginning of the year someone stole a enclosed trailer from the church parking lot at the Bearing Precious Seed Ministry where they print bibles.
They had some video but it wasn't good enough to see the details.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #24  
Over the years I've had a few folks "appear" - stating they were lost and just following their maps. It was true - map company out of Seattle showed my long driveway as a county road for many years. Got that corrected - finally. No more lost souls now.

And if you have the courage to come down my mile long driveway and thru two gates - you either know me or are truly lost. At least - to date.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning...
Appreciate all the responses...

A few years back I posted a picture of a nice dump trailer loaded with garbage on the frontage road...

Called it in with plate and Vin and learned it was reported as stolen.

After another week of it still being there with more trash being added I tracked down the contractor owner... About a 100 miles away... from a decal.

He said I should not have bothered as he already bought a new one and turned the loss over to his insurance company...

It still sat for another week and someone pulled two of the tires and then it was tagged with a 72 hour sticker...

Finally picked up and tow operator said this is a very expensive tow they really did not want as missing tires and overflowing with trash...

I learned there was no urgency on anyone's part...

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #26  
Nope, there generally isn't much urgency from what I've seen -- in part because there's generally not much that can realistically be done about it in most places even if/when someone is caught (still have to have enough evidence that they actually committed the crime).

About the only thing that can be done is attempt to keep things secure is either keep it secured & out of sight (which doesn't always work even if it's possible), or keep it in a well lit area (which also doesn't always work if the thieves are brash/dumb enough).

Of course with some things (particularly vehicles) it can ocasionally be better not to have it recovered after it's been stolen as the potential cost of damages done may outweigh the remaining value of the item. Have had friends/family (as well as having heard similar stories from law enforcement) have their stolen vehicle recovered where the interior was entirely trashed yet the insurance companies took the stance that the vehicle was recovered so the damage was not covered under insurance therefore was "not their problem".

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #27  
Hopefully insurance treats you well not just for the trailer but property damage. FWIW , when my trailer was rear ended the Progressive people said, we're not really in the trailer business- tell us what's it's worth. All worked out well there.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #28  
Sorry this happened to you, hope insurance takes care of you, but damage like that is so annoying.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #29  
Not sure how insurance will treat this...

The value really has not depreciated in this inflated market...

Brother said he heard the dogs barking but thought it was Coyotes...

Not a bad area and we'll fenced... but fences no match for a pickup with a stout chain...
Arlo solar power cameras with point to point solar wifi. If you want to know more let me know.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #30  
Devices on the market that you can put on equipment and track it’s location. Won’t stop it from being stolen but may help in recovery.