Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning...

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #61  
He is in another county as well. He will likely get off but not without a large lawyer bill and a damaged reputation. I know this guy very well and is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. Once all this is clear he will have another opportunity with my company but until then I have no choice.

Also he is being threatened from that guy's family. They are well known for selling drugs and being outlaws. He has moved to a undisclosed location for his protection. It is a very unfortunate situation but when someone loses a life you can bet a investigation will take place and you will be arrested until things are sorted out.

Last edited:
   / Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #62  
"I wouldn't buy a trailer without a title. How is the buyer supposed to determine if it's stolen or not?"

Tractors are not titled! (in Canada they are)
Would you never buy a used tractor?
I would do some research before buying it. I've bought all of my tractors from a dealer and was confident they weren't stolen.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning...
Property Crimes are nearly without consequences.... including smash and grabs and home break-ins

Law Enforcement will direct you to file an online report if needed for insurance.

Standard mantra is file a claim....

Recently in a shopping district with high crime a merchant came to the aid of a woman being robbed and beaten.in front of his shop... he was promptly arrested and if it were not for public outcry it would have been worse...

My city neighborhood was hit one Sunday morning including my car with clear video and did not warrant a police response...

Officers are leaving in record numbers as funds are being redirected and officers prosecuted...

It is a return to the Wild West in some ways...

Nothing on the trailer... most stolen cars are found in one shape or another but trailers not so much... no title requirement for trailers but available with plate for extra fee since they are not Motor vehicles... 5 year reg is $18

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #64  
Property Crimes are nearly without consequences.... including smash and grabs and home break-ins

Law Enforcement will direct you to file an online report if needed for insurance.

Standard mantra is file a claim....

Recently in a shopping district with high crime a merchant came to the aid of a woman being robbed and beaten.in front of his shop... he was promptly arrested and if it were not for public outcry it would have been worse...

My city neighborhood was hit one Sunday morning including my car with clear video and did not warrant a police response...

Officers are leaving in record numbers as funds are being redirected and officers prosecuted...

It is a return to the Wild West in some ways...

Nothing on the trailer... most stolen cars are found in one shape or another but trailers not so much... no title requirement for trailers but available with plate for extra fee since they are not Motor vehicles... 5 year reg is $18
California does not require trailer titles?
I am shocked & amazed!

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #65  
Unfortunately you are wrong about this. I have or had a employee that had a gathering at is house on the weekend. One of his guests was getting out of a abusive relationship. The guy showed up high on drugs and started going after the girl and even was hitting kids.

My employee has his concealed carry license and was at his house. He used his gun to try and stop the guy. The guy charged at him so he shot. It did not stop the guy so he shot again. It took seven shots from a 45 auto to bring the guy down. My employee was arrested and charged with murder. He is still waiting for the trial and lost his job in the process. Not because I do not believe him but that he could not go into schools which is a big part of his job. He is out on bail.

Likely he will come out okay but it is not as simple as most believe.
Sad, but....SO TRUE!

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #66  
Devices on the market that you can put on equipment and track it’s location. Won’t stop it from being stolen but may help in recovery.
There are. Some of them seem pretty good. I have one on my trailer. It sends me a text message if it moves, has power connected to it, or leaves the property (geozone). It has about a 3 day battery life. I use solar and the emergency brake battery and tracker battery are always charged and then the tracker will operate another three days. It might help - might give time to find it. Insurance is a good option.
Also, Don't buy a cheap coupler lock. I use Proven Industries Lock made in Canada. Not cheap, but worth it.
None of this will prevent theft. I do anything I can to add time needed. Make it "not worth the risk and trouble." For example, I leave the coupler high and the setback jack all the way lowered. That means to lower the coupler, it takes another separate jack.
I do also have a camera that watches the trailer. But that will not usually give clear enough info. But it does make you feel good to see it still there. It also lets me check if I get a text message from the trailer.
I also think I will look into the insurance option. Nothing it perfect. Best wishes PS That's not my picture, but one taken from Proven Industries website showing the lock.

Attachments

• square.jpg
    square.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 123
   / Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #67  
i just keep up my insurance, and dont worry about anything

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #68  
As for the "officer" who called, I'd love to know if he was a real one or just part of the grab gang. If he was legit you'd have heard from him within a week.
My thoughts exactly. Early in the conversation when the officer was suggesting we handle it without an investigation,I abruptly said I was loseing battery and would call back soon as I find charger and place to plug in. I had mixed feeling whether it was a scam or attempt to have me incriminate myself. I emediatly called station and told operator the officer was standing by expecting my call. People have been paying off cops and courts as well as "Big Man in town" bullying authorities for centuries so when you think about it, a new "Big Man" has come to town.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #69  
I live in Ontario, Canada, and have never heard that a tractor in Canada needs to be licensed and have an ownership. Can anyone from Canada verify, if this is true, and if so, when did it become a law.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #70  
I live in Ontario, Canada, and have never heard that a tractor in Canada needs to be licensed and have an ownership. Can anyone from Canada verify, if this is true, and if so, when did it become a law.
It may not be true in all provinces, but I think that some provinces require non farm tractors to have a title.
Tractors may or may not need to be licensed, depending on where/how they are used/driven.
Nova Scotia TBN member EGON may be able to provide more information on this subject.