Blades for a Rhino SE-6 rotary mower?

/ Blades for a Rhino SE-6 rotary mower? #1  

deserteagle71

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 diesel, Kubota M7060HDC12
After 23 years of mowing the desert around my buildings I decided it would behoove me to change the blades on my Rhino SE-6 rotary mower. The blades came off fairly easily...but when I went to the dealer where I bought this machine new, they didn't have a clue as to where to get replacement blades. Part number of the blades is 761533. They measure 24-1/2" overall (22-3/4" from center of hole to end of blade), 3" wide, 3/8" thick, and the mounting hole is 1-3/8" diameter.

The blades were in sad shape - here's some photos. Anyone know why the wear pattern (all the teeth) happened? The blades were NOT serrated when new. They have mowed a lot of dirt and rocks (badger mounds).
P1010476ecptbnr.jpg

P1010477ecptbnr.jpg

Above photos are looking at the top of the blades. Shots below are what the bottom of the blades look like.
P1010480ecptnbr.jpg

P1010481ecptbnr.jpg

Quick look on-line I don't see these part number 761533 blades for sale. Anyone know a dealership that deals in Rhino cutters?

/ Blades for a Rhino SE-6 rotary mower?
   / Blades for a Rhino SE-6 rotary mower? #4  
Looks like they've been nicked up and sharpened a lot to me. Mine get horrible in 3 years.

Looks like they've been nicked up and sharpened a lot to me. Mine get horrible in 3 years.
Never been sharpened. I bought the machine new in 1998...and that's the last time I looked at the blades until a few days ago. Only maintenance I've done is keeping the zerks greased and making sure the gearbox was full of oil.

Only thing I can think of is that dirt/rocks did that to the blades. The area I keep mowed is covered with mounds of dirt from huge ground squirrel colonies - and larger mounds left by the badgers that come in to dig up and eat the squirrels. Because of the tall grass/weeds all too often I can't see the mounds in time to lift the mower. Surprisingly, even with the blades in bad shape the mower still cuts well. Only reason I checked on the blades is that the mower developed a pretty good vibration that would have destroyed the gearbox if allowed to continue.
P1120046r.jpg

/ Blades for a Rhino SE-6 rotary mower? #6  
Since the wear appears to on the back side of the blades I agree with being caused by dirt - sand and debris wearing the lift edge of the blades.
What does the underside of the deck look like. Is it wore and shiny also?

Since the wear appears to on the back side of the blades I agree with being caused by dirt - sand and debris wearing the lift edge of the blades.
What does the underside of the deck look like. Is it wore and shiny also?
Surprisingly, no. Underside of the deck still has all its paint. It does have some small dents where pretty good sized rocks must thumped it after getting hit by the blades.

/ Blades for a Rhino SE-6 rotary mower? #8  
After 23 years of mowing the desert around my buildings I decided it would behoove me to change the blades on my Rhino SE-6 rotary mower. The blades came off fairly easily...but when I went to the dealer where I bought this machine new, they didn't have a clue as to where to get replacement blades. Part number of the blades is 761533. They measure 24-1/2" overall (22-3/4" from center of hole to end of blade), 3" wide, 3/8" thick, and the mounting hole is 1-3/8" diameter.

The blades were in sad shape - here's some photos. Anyone know why the wear pattern (all the teeth) happened? The blades were NOT serrated when new. They have mowed a lot of dirt and rocks (badger mounds).
View attachment 706995

View attachment 706996

Above photos are looking at the top of the blades. Shots below are what the bottom of the blades look like.
View attachment 706997

View attachment 706998

Quick look on-line I don't see these part number 761533 blades for sale. Anyone know a dealership that deals in Rhino cutters?

Agri Supply carries a lot of rotary cutter blades. Blades Rotary Cutter | Agri Supply

Last edited:
   / Blades for a Rhino SE-6 rotary mower? #9  

View attachment 706995

View attachment 706996

View attachment 706997

View attachment 706998

Heres another lead for and SE-6 blade. They may have changed part numbers. Also the tip might have worn down so your length may not be correct. Consider new blade bolts also.