Blades for BX 60 inch mower?

/ Blades for BX 60 inch mower? #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
I am out of town and do not remember the exact part number of the 60 inch mower on my BX2200.

But it I do know that when I get back home after four weeks the grass will be a foot high probably.

AND I really need new blades on the BX2200 mower...

Just wondering what what you guys are using on your 60 inch BX mowers and where you source them. Granted if they are Kubota blades the answer is obvious. But aftermarket not sure.

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

Bill

/ Blades for BX 60 inch mower? #2  
This list is dated but it was accurate when I put it together. I run the 60" MMM RCK60B-22BX on my 2004 BX23, it may be similar to the 60" MMM on your BX22.
I've run the gator 96-787 3 in 1 mulcher for several yrs with a cut down Cat 2 to Cat 1 bushing. I believe Oregon makes a gatorblade now that doesn't require a bushing to fit.

Good luck
Dave

Attachments

• Gator blade ref chart.png
    Gator blade ref chart.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 220
   / Blades for BX 60 inch mower? #3  
Have not seen a better grade steel in a blade then Kubota's. Lasts the longest of all!

/ Blades for BX 60 inch mower? #4  
Measure your blade opposite corner to opposite corner, and measure the spindle bolt hole. Any blade that matches will work. I prefer G6 Gator's

/ Blades for BX 60 inch mower? #5  
I usually get blades for various mowers from Agrisupply

/ Blades for BX 60 inch mower? #6  
I've had good luck with Kubota blades in terms of longevity.

I'm just not fond of how my MMM mows.

New belt, new blades, new bearings, new gearbox oil, adjustments per manual/forums/dealers, but still streaking and uneven results. Kinda gave up on it a few years ago.

As long as it mows, I'm not that fussy.

My flail mower does a better job mowing my lawn. Especially when it's high. It mulches it better and lays it out flat versus clumping.

/ Blades for BX 60 inch mower? #7  
Hey Henro -- I have a BX2200 using a 60 inch MMM. The 2200 has about 800hrs on it. Bought it with only 200hrs on it in about 2002 or 3. A good 95% of those hours are cutting grass with that deck. I just put new blades on it for the first time last month (having sharpened the originals once every spring for the last 15 or more years.)

I bought part number K5371-99040 blades from my local Kubota dealer for $18.23 each. I believe from the Volfandt post above that mine are the standard (not high lift) blades. Cuts smooth and sweet like a new machine. Totally satisfied. I had found sources for the blades $5 or $6 cheaper each blade but I like to support my local dealer, I don't like to fight half-assed almost right parts, etc. plus I can splurge every 16 years for a new brand name set.

Note: In chasing 3rd party blade possibilities I found a surprising variety of center hole sizes and equally surprising uncertainties as to what blades fit what decks. Mine are the 7/8" center holes. No bushings. No adapters. No nonsense. Do be careful that you get the "cupped washers" back on the same way they were originally or if they are very flat replace them too. Some other thread on TBN does a dissertation on why these washers are concave/convex and how they act as lock washers even though they are not what you would think of as a lock washer. Apparently the curvature is squashed by the torque as you tighten the bolts and maintain kind of a spring tension over time which helps prevent loose bolts. Some of the more senior authorities on TBN can tell you the name of those type of washers.

I DO remove mine with the wonderful invention called an air wrench. So nice not having to block the blades or break your knuckles. Others have reported overzealous torquing when putting them back on however -- to the point of stripping threads. Don't do that. I use a 250 ft/lb Craftsman medium duty air wrench. The "3" setting on the air wrench works great and will not strip threads on those bolts. My guess is that a "4" setting could very well strip threads.

/ Blades for BX 60 inch mower?
Thanks for the input guys!

The reason I asked is because the nearest dealer to me (since the dealer I bought my tractors from dropped the Kubota line) is about an hour away, or a little less. So the best option is to buy an aftermarket set of blades, or live with shipping which often feels excessive. Or decide it would be a nice day to take a two hour boring drive...and spend more on gas than shipping would cost.

Those conical washers are called Belleville washers, or something close to that. (Might have been mentioned above).

I have a Tractor supply about 15 minutes away. If they do not have something I can use I will just bite the bullet and pay shipping from someone on line, probably Messicks. (Hope I spelled that right).

When I get back home in about ten days the grass should be about a foot high, so I guess it will not hurt to do the initial cut or two with the old blades. About four acres or so...maybe five max.

How come I have to type do not instead of don稚. Noticed that the apostrophe and quotation marks do not seem to work here...I think they used to in the old days...:confused:

Bill

This list is dated but it was accurate when I put it together. I run the 60" MMM RCK60B-22BX on my 2004 BX23, it may be similar to the 60" MMM on your BX22.
I've run the gator 96-787 3 in 1 mulcher for several yrs with a cut down Cat 2 to Cat 1 bushing. I believe Oregon makes a gatorblade now that doesn't require a bushing to fit.

Good luck
Dave

Thanks for posting that detailed information Dave!

Well, on a whim I decided to order a set of these blades through Walmart.

Made in the USA from foreign steel I suppose.

They will probably arrive at my place about the same time I do, or sooner.

Wish me luck!

75D31C82-F712-4343-88C3-8116DBE5EF5C.png